If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

If all the Fans at UNM are like this one.
(New Mexico Daily Lobo: Letter to the Editor)
"After suffering the past five seasons under former head coach Ritchie McKay, I cannot believe that UNM has decided to bring in Steve Alford as the new men's basketball head coach. Let's do a quick comparison to see if we are in fact getting someone better. McKay recruited a bunch of players with past criminal histories or players who earned them while here in Albuquerque. Alford may be best known for the events that took place with his star player Pierre Pierce at Iowa, who is now on probation after spending a year in jail. Alford comes to us with a losing record in the Big Ten and three trips to the NCAA, where his teams only won one game.

Sorry, I don't know more about Alford, which is another concern, considering we will be paying a nobody almost $1 million a year. But I didn't really know who McKay was, either, and look how that turned out."
Read the rest at the link! (Sorry I can't seem to put the link in right) [Fixed, TD]

http://media.www.dailylobo.com/media/st ... 3799.shtml
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Dumbest. Fan. Ever.
By Louist
Registration Days Posts
and its any wonder why i am becoming a fan of liberty. i can't stand those so called "fans"
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
we get into here as well- but I don't know if it has gotten THAT extreme yet. Well, maybe on occasion. :lol:

thats the kinda stuff we're used to seeing from those delusional fellows over at WU :twisted:
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:Libertine,
if a train is going 23 mils per hour and a pig crosses the road, what time will the lady on Mulberry Street eat pork chops?
Well, that just makes no sense at all. :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
By way of getting back on topic. RMK was interviewed by Greg Roberts on his radio show this afternoon. When he was asked about the situation at NM, why he was fired and how he ended up here he basically said he was unhappy enough there that he's not so sure he wouldn't have looked into the LU job when he heard it was open, even if he were still the coach at NM.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
So I wonder what kind of Defense RMs team usually like to run? Zone or man to man. Do they full court press or just play half court "D"? I personally would like to see a more aggressive form of "D" going after the ball to set of transition offense more. It's interesting to ponder. OOO look a PC - - - :typing
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Coach McKay said they'd play whatever style would help them win.

I liked that answer.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
man, that took so long to split. And now I have like 5 more posts since that happened while I was doing that.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
It was hard! There were a lot of posts!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Hey, now I look like an idiot because you deleted your post
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Things are happening too fast at FlameFans today.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Things are happening too fast at FlameFans today.
Just like I want the team to play with RM next year. Fast transition based game. lol
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]