If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
One possible addition could be Ty Abbott, a 6--4 shooting guard who averaged 17 points per game for Phoenix Desert Vista this season.

He requested a release from his letter of intent to New Mexico after the dismissal of coach Ritchie McKay and expects to be back on the market March 16. (Mesa Dobson coach Rick McConnell said his son, Mickey, would wait to see who New Mexico hires before deciding whether or not to stick with the Lobos.) “I know he would eagerly entertain that idea,” Abbott’s mother Traci Hawkins said of the prospect of her son playing at ASU.

A RM recruit whose backing out of his schollie at NM. Article is a little out-dated, haven't seen anything since on the kid. Is there a chance he comes here, if Campbell and Eihman are let out of their LOI's? Perhaps Sly could chime in -- more towards his side of the world.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/85554
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
UNM men's basketball: Lobos lose recruits after McKay fired

By Jeremy Fowler
Monday, March 19, 2007

The lack of a men's basketball coach puts the University of New Mexico team in danger of losing its entire 2007 recruiting class.

Phoenix-area guard Mickey McConnell will become the second recruit to escape his letter of intent with UNM. McConnell told The Tribune he plans to sign the paperwork that grants his release this week.

Guard Ty Abbott, also from Phoenix, has already signed his paperwork and is now being recruited by NCAA Tournament teams Vanderbilt and Washington State, said his mother, Traci Hawkins.

Junior college forward Reggie Huffman, who hasn't returned phone calls from The Tribune, is reportedly looking elsewhere in the recruiting process. Huffman orally committed to UNM in December but can't sign a letter of intent until April because of his JC status.

All three planned to play for Ritchie McKay, who was fired Feb. 22.

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/mar/19 ... fter-mcka/
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Why do we think Campbell will be let out? I've heard nothing of the sorts, but he could very much be coming in. We know RM will be contacting him.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
When a coach is replaced, it's natural to expect the previous coach's recruits may look elsewhere. It has been stated anywhere but I think it's possible.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I think it's possible too, but I think he is more of a possibility to come here than the kid from Nigeria.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
another issue that one of the Lobos fans had addressed- but I can't find.

evidently many of the guys originally thought to be leaving had a change of heart - the quote was along the lines of "don't look for any transfers from UNM"
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
From what I've heard, Nate Campbell should be coming to LU in the fall. Abbott is a prized recruit who will most likely end up with a major program. It was thought that McConnell would be a possibility, but McKay shot that one down yesterday.

Assuming that the Nigerian goes elsewhere, I think that leaves us with only one scholarship to offer at this time. I guess, we'll have to wait and see what developes with our current players.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Who cares about Campbell....I saw him play and he is not impressive
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Who cares about Campbell....I saw him play and he is not impressive
yes, but how do you REALLY feel?
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Who cares about Campbell....
His mama.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:
jmdickens wrote:Who cares about Campbell....
His mama.
Yo Mama!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I was wondering where dickens had gone. I'm glad we still have his eye for talent on staff.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Who cares about Campbell....I saw him play and he is not impressive
Who are we talking about now, Neve Campbell, Glen Campbell, or Nathan Campbell?

If we're talkin' Neve, maybe you just don't like girls enough. If you're talkin' Glen, well, everyone knows that he's got a bum hand and a drinkin' problem and his best dyas are behind him. As far as Nate goes, I'm patient enough to wait for the coaching staff assessment :wink:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I tried to check on Campbell's numbers at Hargrave this year. The school's website doesn't post box scores, only a summary of each game with the top 2 or 3 scorers and rebounders. After the first few games, his name didn't even show up. I don't know if he was injured, or just wasn't getting any PT. I do understand that this team is loaded with high D1 prospects, but still it doesn't look like he is a world-beater.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Glen's also got a nifty little infomercial. That's one spooky-lookin' dude.

Unfortunately, Neve does not an infomercial and is now reduced to making a living by appearing at sparsely-attended "Party of Five" conventions, constantly answering the question, "Why isn't [insert name of any other star of the show] here?" with, "Because they're working." Not good times.

Nathan Campbell? Never heard of him.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:Glen's also got a nifty little infomercial. That's one spooky-lookin' dude.
I'll say!

Image[/img]
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
I knew you'd know about infomercials, Knuckle.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]