If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I know many of you guys have contact with the players. It'd be great to get some feedback on what they think of Coach McKay thus far. In light of the speculation that some might consider moving on I'd love to hear what they thought.

The fact that Coach McKay openly made reference to TJ in the newser indicates there was some connection.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
stop reading my mind. http://flamefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=72444#72444
PAmedic wrote:I may have missed this- couldnt' hear the questions being asked- but:

didn't notice if RMK mentioned meeting with the team and how that went.

dont' suppose he'd bring it up either way though. just curious.
Last edited by PAmedic on March 26th, 2007, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
Talk to most of them on a daily basis for the most part, they havent even met him... I expect a team meeting today where I will be to introduce him to the team... I Talked to Brew yesterday and he had no idea he had even been hired, but he is excited about the chance
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
TylerBakersGonnaBGreat wrote:Talk to most of them on a daily basis for the most part, they havent even met him... I expect a team meeting today where I will be to introduce him to the team... I Talked to Brew yesterday and he had no idea he had even been hired, but he is excited about the chance
:shock:

now that doesn't even seem REMOTELY possible.

I think I'd be on top of it if there was a national search for my new boss, complete w/ a news conf planned to announce his hiring :?

not saying your lying- just... :dontgetit
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In the newser McKay made mention of seeing some of the guys playing last night. Perhaps it was just a few guys balling in LaHaye or something.

But we'd love to hear some feedback ASAP.

McKay seems like the type of guy who would connect very well with players. And the Lobo fans indicate that was one of his strengths in Albuquerque.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
If you can't connect w/ a guy with THAT type of outgoing personality you may have a social disorder of some sort :D
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I can see SCAR getting along GREAT with him.

hoping he (TS) is brought into the new guy's fold
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
TylerBakersGonnaBGreat wrote:I expect a team meeting today where I will be to introduce him to the team...

Your introducing now????

Mooooovin on up!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i hope he is not wearing that ragged baseball hat he always has on :D .
By hurricane fan
Registration Days Posts
The one thing I noticed at the press conference this morning is EVERYONE in the atrium stood up when JB introduced McKay as the new coach.....everyone but the team. Very disappointing IMO.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
hurricane fan wrote:The one thing I noticed at the press conference this morning is EVERYONE in the atrium stood up when JB introduced McKay as the new coach.....everyone but the team. Very disappointing IMO.
That's not true. Quite a few of us weren't expecting a standing O and didn't make it up. There's also the fact that younger generation just really don't do more than polite applause anyway. I certainly didn't see the team not standing as a bad thing.
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
one of my friends is a walk on redshirt and i know that he played in front of mckay in schilling center last night for like 2 hours, and im assuming he wasnt doing it by himself
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:
hurricane fan wrote:The one thing I noticed at the press conference this morning is EVERYONE in the atrium stood up when JB introduced McKay as the new coach.....everyone but the team. Very disappointing IMO.
That's not true. Quite a few of us weren't expecting a standing O and didn't make it up. There's also the fact that younger generation just really don't do more than polite applause anyway. I certainly didn't see the team not standing as a bad thing.
I can't stand (pun intended!) standing Os. I rarely participate. In some curches, it's completely taken the place of regular applause. I say reserve it.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
the guys were introduced to coach last night... they played and he watched
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
so do you still have a job?
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
He was wearing his manager getup in the hallway, so I'd assume, yes.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Coach told me a little while ago that he is meeting with each player individually in the next 24 hours...He is also very aware of Dwight, he was one of the first Coach's to put in a call to get Dwight out of Providence...I really like coach and think that we got a pretty good coach...
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]