If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Welcome Coach McKay. No Pressure, just beat Winthrop especially if the hair guy stays!
By Louist
Registration Days Posts
He doesn't read any message boards or newspapers. he is a very positive man and the negativity really cramps his style.

Go Flames
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Louist wrote:He doesn't read any message boards or newspapers. he is a very positive man and the negativity really cramps his style.

Go Flames
So...
...no MBB forum for the Flames Fanatic.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Since it doesn't look like RMK will be reading this online, maybe after some reasonable length of time someone could print out this thread and slip it under his door. No negativity here so far.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
I was discussing this with a couple others this morning and something hit me. You olden folke may correct me if I'm wrong but does this not make Richie McKay the first ever black head coach at LU in any sport?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
To my knowledge, that is correct. I;m actually pleased this hire was done without a great deal of attention being made about his color of skin. He's a terrific hire ... period.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:To my knowledge, that is correct. I;m actually pleased this hire was done without a great deal of attention being made about his color of skin. He's a terrific hire ... period.
Agreed. But, still, it's a step forward on another front as well.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:I was discussing this with a couple others this morning and something hit me. You olden folke may correct me if I'm wrong but does this not make Richie McKay the first ever black head coach at LU in any sport?

I was talking with some others and they were hoping attention would have been brought to it....this is a big day not only for Liberty Basketball but for Liberty University and its diversity
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
There have been plenty of Black assistants but never a head coach in any sport. This is an historical day in deed.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SCAR, shouldn't we celebrate this "historical day" with some of Mrs. SCAR's cookies? It sounds like our new coach will be bach'ing it for a while, so a home-cooked meal and some cookies just may land you that coach's TV show that you have always dreamed about. :P
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Most Def would love to do the Coach Ritchie McKay TV show...Gotta talk to Jeff Barber and company about that one. As far as MRS SCAR's Chocolate chips, we are gonna have to wait until the spring game for them as much as I have begged and pleaded...Coach may get his own batch made if he promises to show up at our tent for the tailgate....We shall see. Jim hopefully you will be there too?
By pointguard4christ
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to LU basketball Coach McKay! I hope you're as nice to the girls campers as RD was!

Speaking of camps, how is that going to work? Is there going to be any camps this summer or is it to early to tell?
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
pointguard4christ wrote:Welcome to LU basketball Coach McKay! I hope you're as nice to the girls campers as RD was!

Speaking of camps, how is that going to work? Is there going to be any camps this summer or is it to early to tell?
i would check the libertyflames.com to find out about the camps.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I would be shocked if there weren't camps.
By FlameNForest
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:SCAR, shouldn't we celebrate this "historical day" with some of Mrs. SCAR's cookies?
Ummmm....chocolate chip or oreo? :D
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
FlameNForest wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:SCAR, shouldn't we celebrate this "historical day" with some of Mrs. SCAR's cookies?
Ummmm....chocolate chip or oreo? :D
Was that some sort of lame interracial joke? Or are you calling me an Oreo? No soup for you :nono
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Coach McKay, Welcome to Liberty University. You are a great fit for the Liberty basketball program. We look forward to supporting you and the team as you take the program to the next level.
By FlameNForest
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
Was that some sort of lame interracial joke? Or are you calling me an Oreo? No soup for you :nono
It was just a lame joke about the "historic day"....no offense intended.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Its all good FNF. 8)
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]