If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Who would you hire?

John Cooper
63%
Ritchie McKay
19%
Other
19%
I am going to add a "other" option but let's limit it to people at least in discussion for the job....

If you choose other post your answer in this thread
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I hope Hancock is reading this...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
8 posts & no McKay.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Would it have any impact if they were reading it? :?:
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
if it's a toss up...yeah, especially when we got hurt from haters being haters when it came to RD....it's important to get someone who can be the "face" of Liberty University basketball in the public as well as a smart hire (in basketball sense)

This is the most important hire....in my mind this is even more important than our Football hire simply b/c LU Basketball has such a bad taste in peoples mouths....this hire is going to be watched VERY VERY closely...bet on that
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:a smart hire
Didn't I read somewhere that Cooper was a finalist as a Rhodes scholar? Study
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Anyone want to share their "other" votes
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
I'd go Coop 1st.

Stay with one of the inside candidates 2nd (Sherard or Jones) <apparent that is not going to happen>

DeKay 3rd
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Still no McCay....... I hope JF reads this and makes a push.... no wait he doesnt call the shots :P
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
One of my coaching friends made a great point earlier to me. This job has to be filled with someone who understands how to recruit and coach at Liberty. It may not be a guy that comes from a big time program or have a big reputation. Truthfully, Liberty has been able to attract a high caliber of talent for a long time. Dominick Kirk (#22) for Texas A&M cried when Liberty didn’t have any more scholarships for him. AD Vassallo from VA TECH would have gladly played for the red white and blue. Not to mention Dees, Blair, Woodson, and many others that had options to go a lot of places. My point is that it is not just about recruiting but about being able to run a program and run it within the Liberty way. Barclay Radebaugh comes from the University of Miami as an assistant (ACC) and at Chuck South he has been at or near the bottom of the big south. Buzz Petersen was the head coach at Tennessee (SEC) and although Coastal did get to the final game last year, I don’t see them getting back to their glory years. So before we get all excited about a candidate because of association with this team or this coach or that league, I think, hope and pray that Jeff Barber is measuring the character of the man and his organizational skills as well as his coaching affiliation. Truth be told, a lot of guys can get good players to come to Liberty. Liberty has a lot to offer a potential student athlete and believe me we are a hit with the parents. We need this next coach to understand the inner workings of Liberty and do it the right way. That is why when people ask me about the coaching situation I don’t really have a strong opinion on any of the candidates because I don’t really know them personally and I won’t be impressed with a guy just because he coached in the Big Ten or whatever. I was the same way as a player esp. when I went home for the summer and played in the leagues. I didn’t feel inferior cause I played at LU that is for sure. I do have confidence in JB making a good decision though.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Scar it seems like you were holding all that in, feel better?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Which is why I said a face to face meeting with be the deciding factor for me in Dollar vs Cooper. I'm pretty sure Dollar is out of it at this point since I haven't heard much on that front.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
wow!

17-0-4 :shock:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Other and most unlikely Cameron Dollar
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:wow!

17-0-4 :shock:
I'm lost.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Votes for Cooper: 19
Votes for McKay: 0
Votes for Other: 5

I think thats what the Medic meant.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Argh, someone just voted for McKay and made my stats completely worthless.
Cooper: 19
McKay: 1
Other: 5
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
They obviously didn't read the find on the interesting article on McKay.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
scar that also happend with.... ACIE LAW IV.. :shock: no joke.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Any chance McKay got online and voted for himself? :P
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I want to bump this and get people to vote who may not have voted yet....this is very useful and interesting...
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I voted for Cooper. But I'm completly behind McKay if JB decides he's the man.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
HMO... are you confident the people who need to see this are seeing it? It's not scientific but if I'm in charge it gives me a little to think about... either the wisdom of others and the red flag... or "How am I going to sell this guy?" Either way I hope it gets to JB.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I hope JB in no way considers this poll when deciding. I would think less of him.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]