If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
As I gaze into my crystal ball...

Cuonzo Martin is in his seventh year on the Purdue coaching staff.

After a four-year professional career, Martin completed his degree in restaurant, hotel, institutional and tourism management at Purdue in the summer of 2000.

Martin, who graduated from Lincoln High in East St. Louis, Ill., and attended New Hampton Prep School in New Hampshire, came to Purdue in 1991. He finished four years later as one of the finest Boilermaker players ever. He currently ranks 11th on Purdue's all-time scoring list with 1,666 points, good enough for a 13.1 average in his 127 games.

His best year was his senior season, when he averaged 18.4 points per game while shooting 43.9 percent from the floor, 46.9 percent from three-point range and 79.9 percent from the free throw line.
More below on the link
http://purduesports.cstv.com/sports/m-b ... nzo00.html
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:There seems to be one more on the way that hasnt been mentioned on the board yet as well

I'm going to retract my statement
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
he was nice
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD wrote:he was nice

so you met him when he came in for his interview? Or he was a "nice" player
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
"he was a nice player" - WWJFD

that is a direct quote. Sorry for the confusion.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
So, any of you insiders want to give some hints about how this latecomer to the search came about?
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Attaway...make a mountain out of a molehill. I hear a school, do some "profiling", and throw a guess out. It is just a GUESS.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD wrote:"he was a nice player" - WWJFD

that is a direct quote. Sorry for the confusion.

didnt know if you were being vague on purpose :lol:
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
no, i just have flashbacks from watching him on CBS and hitting that 12 footer off glass with a "kiss" - Bill Raferty
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:Attaway...make a mountain out of a molehill. I hear a school, do some "profiling", and throw a guess out. It is just a GUESS.
On this thread we were talking about it being narrowed down to 2 or 3 candidates. If you throw another one out there at this point, I would think it would be insider stuff not a whim!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
He said he heard a school. He didn't say he heard a name. He heard the school and looked at their coaching staff. I just did the same thing and I would think it's either the guy that Prof. Rooskie pointed out or Rick Ray. I have no knowledge whatsoever of the situation, but that would be my guess.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:He said he heard a school. He didn't say he heard a name. He heard the school and looked at their coaching staff. I just did the same thing and I would think it's either the guy that Prof. Rooskie pointed out or Rick Ray. I have no knowledge whatsoever of the situation, but that would be my guess.

That seems to be what fumble did...and he might not be to far off...the schools correct I just havent heard a name to back that up with
By EarlLacker
Registration Days
Hold My Own wrote:I really havent followed Ritchie Mckay like I have with Cooper

Did I read on here that he's had problems with the NCAA or no? I'm talking about violations...

I cant keep everything straight
UNM got slapped on the wrist for "illegal phone contact" or something like that when New Mexico assistant coach Duane Broussard, a former assistant at Bradley, was contacted by Danny Granger when he was contemplating leaving Bradley. Danny had been recruited by Broussard to play for Jim Molinari. But after Danny's freshman year Molinari and his staff were fired and replaced by Jim Les. Granger and Les didn't see eye to eye, and Danny contacted Broussard because he was miserable and wanted to leave. Broussard told him to stick it out at least through the first semester of his soph year, which Danny did. I think the NCAA determined nine calls had taken place between them.

Nothing even remotely approaching Kelvin Sampson status at Oklahoma.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Big props to the OP, (whoever you are)!

Your first, and still your only post.

2 words

ritchie mckay

Youdaman!!
:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]