If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I really havent followed Ritchie Mckay like I have with Cooper

Did I read on here that he's had problems with the NCAA or no? I'm talking about violations...

I cant keep everything straight
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:
WWJFD wrote:mckay is on his way to town
You book his travel?

Let's put it this way. When someone posts in the next 16 hours that McKay was seen on campus, then you can believe me.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Anonymous Alum 02 wrote:ritchie mckay

Would you rather take my 342 posts or this 1.....see above.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
WWJFD wrote:mckay is on his way to town
You book his travel?

Let's put it this way. When someone posts in the next 16 hours that McKay was seen on campus, then you can believe me.

IMO this is nothing more than a 2nd interview...b/c I havent heard anything that leads me to believe Cooper has turned it down and Cooper is still the #1 man...there is a hold up there so maybe this is simply a safety net
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Who's going to volunteer to stake out McDonalds tonight?
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Nononononono This is the second visit (HMO, topic 3956) and they gotta step it up a notch..... Sonic

Sorry for not clearly indicating I am joking this should be better :lol:
Last edited by Schfourteenteen on March 22nd, 2007, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
sonic is a step up?? i'd rather have mcdonalds anyday
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
I was thinking Chik Fil a . The drama is definitely building. Coop, McKay, Mc D, Sonic, Chik fil a..... I can't take it anymore
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
so guys the jest of our posts here is dont believe the hype...nothings final
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Correct HMO. There is nothing final here.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
This takes a few sentences to develop, but its my only answer for Barber bringing in someone who doesn't fit his mold of what he wants. (DI asst./DII head, on his way up the ladder).

1. Barber wants Cooper (SEC guy, Rhodes scholar, very sharp; he visited Tuesday night/Wednesday)
2. McKay comes highly recommended, w/ DI experience, but would be on his way down a bit to come here (rumored to be on his way now, lol!)

WHY bring in McKay at all?

Possibilities:
1. safety net (already mentioned), if Cooper turns it down.
OR
2. A different kind of safety net: When asked a month from now why he chose Cooper, JB can say "We narrowed it to 2, and he was more the type of guy we were looking for."
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
And, let's not forget that the most natural of delays for this is simply that some candidates are not done with their seasons yet.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:This takes a few sentences to develop, but its my only answer for Barber bringing in someone who doesn't fit his mold of what he wants. (DI asst./DII head, on his way up the ladder).

1. Barber wants Cooper (SEC guy, Rhodes scholar, very sharp; he visited Tuesday night/Wednesday)
2. McKay comes highly recommended, w/ DI experience, but would be on his way down a bit to come here (rumored to be on his way now, lol!)

WHY bring in McKay at all?

Possibilities:
1. safety net (already mentioned), if Cooper turns it down.
OR
2. A different kind of safety net: When asked a month from now why he chose Cooper, JB can say "We narrowed it to 2, and he was more the type of guy we were looking for."
another non-believer. People wanted facts, I share, and get laughed at. :evil:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I wasn't laughing at the fact he's on his way. I think he may very well be. I'm just a little confused why JB might be considering so strongly someone who doesn't fit his initial description of what he's looking for.

(All laughter was at how we can possibly know that on this board. I believe it is true, it just still amazes me how some things we find out! good stuff, guys!)
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD...
...I definitely believe your assertion that McKay will be in town on Friday. It makes sense. Of course, who's not to say that after touring the place and the town, that Coop possibly pulled his name out of consideration? That has been known to happen.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
sch...

I would much, MUCH rather see Cooper than McKay, but my questions above were on the basis of "why?", not because of who I would most like to see hired...and, its not Cooper.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Outside your preference I sorta picked that up after looking at it again my bad
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
well, we can scratch Tubby off our llist :D
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD wrote:I was thinking Chik Fil a . The drama is definitely building. Coop, McKay, Mc D, Sonic, Chik fil a..... I can't take it anymore
I was thinking Bojangles.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
cant argue with that!
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:BJ? Where you gonna be?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:
Fumblerooskies wrote:BJ? Where you gonna be?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Har de har har...Im gonna be in convo like good resident students are supposed to be. About the only way I do anything like Wednesday again is if Im paid a nice chunk of change to do it and I get a digital camera
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]