If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LINK???

If Cooper was on campus yesterday, does that mean McKay is here today?
Last edited by Cider Jim on March 22nd, 2007, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
What was the question?
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
ok....whatever you say.. :roll:
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
The winner of what? "Th Biggest loser"?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Didn't you guys hear?! He was the one that won the mega millions from a couple weeks ago!
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
does usually the last candidate to interview the one that will most likely get the job? If that is true RM will be it. BUMMER!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The order of the interviews is irrelevant, and probably has more to do with flight schedules than anything.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Anonymous Alum 02 wrote:ritchie mckay
i'll believe it when i see an legitimate article and when libertyflames.com has something on there too.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
or at least someone who has a past of correct inside info
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote:
Anonymous Alum 02 wrote:ritchie mckay
i'll believe it when i see an legitimate article and when libertyflames.com has something on there too.
you mean you don't trust us here at flamefans.com?!
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Hard to trust someone who "breaks news" for their first post.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
well you just have to know who to trust and who not to....and a guy with 1 post just doesnt cut it for me...
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I wasn't talking about this guy posting, but just flamefans in general?
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:Hard to trust someone who "breaks news" for their first post.
what fumble said.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:I wasn't talking about this guy posting, but just flamefans in general?
i am talking about this coaching issue.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
I still don't know what he won.
The Kentucky Derby?
The NIT?
The father of the year?
The Nathan's famous hotdog eating contest?
The least wanted out of work coach? :checkeredflag
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:I wasn't talking about this guy posting, but just flamefans in general?

The accuracy on this website is unreal....when it comes to factual info such as transfers/hires/fires opinions is where we suffer....but we are much much better than any other message board

We've cracked things months before it's hit the media, such as Jennings and other notable things...theres a reason we have the Liberty beat writer on the board often...b/c he's aware of who you can trust on here and what questions to ask the outside public from things he's read
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
I am thinking that it is pretty hard to name a guy the coach of a University, when there are no reports yet of him even stepping foot on campus. So far, there is only one person confirmed to have even visited campus. Somehow, I do not believe thet JF is giving his stamp of approval to somebody he has not met in person.

But then again, that is just me...
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Has it been considered that even if we make the formal offer to Cooper, he may turn it down? I mean, there's enough openings out there, and he's a good enough candidate, he may take something else...
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I'm getting word nothing is final yet
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
exactly, HMO...there's more than one candidate mentioned on here whose team isn't even done with the postseason (G'Town, W.Va., etc.). Wanting it done by next week is great...GETTING it done seems entirely different...

Also, let's not forget that getting the contract done may take longer than expected. Hard to draw up a ocntract and have all the details worked out in a day or two. We should definitely wait until the ocntract is done AND SIGNED before making things public. Schools have been burned by that before...

It just seems there's more time involved here than we relaize. I'm not sure Cooper would accept right away, because of the other openings out ther.e And knowing what Barber said was his type of guy, McKey doesn't seem to be it.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
mckay is on his way to town
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD wrote:mckay is on his way to town
You book his travel?
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: We should definitely wait until the ocntract is done AND SIGNED before making things public. Schools have been burned by that before...
I wonder if USF will be sucker #2???? Anyway someone said it before this is a HUGE hire, and more importantly, whoever comes in needs to have success right away for the fan base to improve (DUH another useless post)
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]