If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I was the source of that due to some extremely inside information from a good friend of mine and some guy from French Lick Indiana named Larry. They were showing interest in the position last year when he was at VCU but from what I understand, they were told that we have a coach right now but thanks anyway. I can't re-connect with my source as his number has changed so I never got to hear if Kline was interested or not still. I am sure he is making a ton of money in OKL though but still an opp to be a head coach has to be attractive.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:I was the source of that due to some extremely inside information from a good friend of mine and some guy from French Lick Indiana named Larry. They were showing interest in the position last year when he was at VCU but from what I understand, they were told that we have a coach right now but thanks anyway. I can't re-connect with my source as his number has changed so I never got to hear if Kline was interested or not still. I am sure he is making a ton of money in OKL though but still an opp to be a head coach has to be attractive.

are you tryin to say you had Birds number?
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Rumor was that he scoffed at the idea of coming to Liberty. He may of had interest in the past but that ship had sailed...
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
No sir I am not saying I had Bird's number. My friend does though :wink:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No sir I am not saying I had Bird's number. My friend does though
And SCAR's friend is nicknamed "Magic". :P
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
And SCAR's friend is nicknamed "Magic".
Or quite possibly, "the round-mound-of-rebound..."
By Killn'emsoftly
Registration Days Posts
Kline is trying to get the Marshall job, bigger job and he is from WV.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yep Cider but my friend’s name is Earvin “Magic” JohnSTON and he is a 5-9 center from Philly :lol:

Seriously though I do have a 6 degree of separation thing going with a lot of people in the sports world and entertainment world. The degrees are usually 2nd or 3rd though. But I do NOT know the Larry from French Lick just to set the record straight nor the Earvin from Lansing.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
OK, but shouldn't we at least give it a try. Or are we?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
BTW it is Cline with a C. And no I don't know him personally either but I am 1 degree away 8)
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I heard that feelers were sent out and came back with him having no interest in the Liberty job.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
SCAR wrote:I was the source of that due to some extremely inside information from a good friend of mine and some guy from French Lick Indiana named Larry. They were showing interest in the position last year when he was at VCU but from what I understand, they were told that we have a coach right now but thanks anyway. I can't re-connect with my source as his number has changed so I never got to hear if Kline was interested or not still. I am sure he is making a ton of money in OKL though but still an opp to be a head coach has to be attractive.

are you tryin to say you had Birds number?
Having Bird's number is a big deal? Wow... I must be Big Time then
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Or it could mean you got that AP list of phone numbers that leaked out 3 or 4 years ago. Although by now Im sure everyone on that list changed their number after that. Actually I still have all 14 pages in my room....
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]