If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:
LUconn wrote:So there's been a lot of beating around the bush in these threads, but does everybody who isn't "in the know" realize that this is our next head coach? Because he is.
I'm OK with it if he is, but this skeptic would like some reason to believe that!
You're new (althought I think your posts/day is higher than mine, wow).

If it's on here, there's a good chance it's true.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
People have seen him interveiwing assistant coaches. Since I'm apparently the only one in the universe who does not work in some way for LU, I'm free to spill the beans with no fear.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
If it's on here, there's a good chance it's true.
Again, COOL! :bowdown
My posts will die down, I bore easily!
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
if he truly is our head coach, then why dont we delete the negative articles about him so that if by any chance when he is hired, new people, or even him for that matter, come on here, they dont get the wrong impression of him, or him of us. in other words, lets not start out the potential mckay era with the same negativity we had at the end of the Dunton one.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
you don't want the free speech banshees coming out.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
qkslvrsrfrboy wrote:if he truly is our head coach, then why dont we delete the negative articles about him so that if by any chance when he is hired, new people, or even him for that matter, come on here, they dont get the wrong impression of him, or him of us. in other words, lets not start out the potential mckay era with the same negativity we had at the end of the Dunton one.
I disagree. We should keep the negative articles, and we should keep the positive articles as well. Let people form their own opinions on the man, and to form an opinion you need both sides, positive and negative.

As I stated before, if he's good enough for Jeff Barber, then he's more than good enough for me.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I agree with quick silver. Let's delete this negative stuff if he is our coach. We know when it's announced we will have more traffic on here. Just my opinion.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I actually AGREE with QSB on this one. Give the man a chance with a clean slate.
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
no its not that, its more of the fact like say i became a member a couple days after they hired Rocco out of the excitement of a new coach, and i come on here expecting to read all the hype of the new coach and instead its not articles about good things hes done but rather all the bad things hes done in the past and why hes a bad coach.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
So, how long before we should expect to hear an announcment?
By FlameNForest
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:So, how long before we should expect to hear an announcment?
Monday
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
thanks, that's what I thought
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
IMHO it's not necessary to delete anything. We just need to take a positive (or at the very worst, open-minded) attitude toward the new coach from the moment he is hired, and judge him by what he does (or doesn't do) here. Enough positive energy and creative speculation will bury the negative stuff so deep only people who are looking for it will find it.

It's going to be a new start for LU Hoops (but hopefully with most or all of our returning players, because I really believe the elements are there to win.)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Here's what we would need to do:

Make a sticky/announcement titled: "All New Users Please Read"

In the thread state that over the past month we have been digging up articles on every single coaching prospect. Some are negative, some are positive. However, if Jeff Barber and the athletic department hired him then we should support him. As a Liberty Flame, Coach _____ has never done anything wrong. He has a completely clean slate. Things that have happened in the past are in the past. We teach forgiveness at this school and changing away from lifestyles that aren't right, so it is our responsibility to give him a chance.

Someone better with words make it look nicer, but you get the point.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Here's what we would need to do:

Make a sticky/announcement titled: "All New Users Please Read"

In the thread state that over the past month we have been digging up articles on every single coaching prospect. Some are negative, some are positive. However, if Jeff Barber and the athletic department hired him then we should support him. As a Liberty Flame, Coach _____ has never done anything wrong. He has a completely clean slate. Things that have happened in the past are in the past. We teach forgiveness at this school and changing away from lifestyles that aren't right, so it is our responsibility to give him a chance.

Someone better with words make it look nicer, but you get the point.
I totally concurr with the sentiment and hope that Sly or one of the mods will do something along those lines.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
he was in conovo today. him and his wife looked like they really enjoyed the music
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
As I said in the other thread:

From an article on Scout.com about McKay being dismissed from UNM...
McKay never had a chance. Fans crushed him from the first moment he was named head coach. Genius fans said, ‘Why settle for McKay, Pat Riley is available”. “McKay, he’s not good enough for us! We were ranked #3 in the country for a week in 1978”. Ha! What a joke!
http://newmexico.scout.com/2/621017.html

Let's not be like the UNM fans. We're better than that.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BJ, where are the photos my man?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlameNForest wrote:
jcmanson wrote:So, how long before we should expect to hear an announcment?
Monday
If this is the guy, why are we waiting until Monday?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Probably are still a few things to finalize.
By belcherboy
Registration Days Posts
qkslvrsrfrboy wrote:if he truly is our head coach, then why dont we delete the negative articles about him so that if by any chance when he is hired, new people, or even him for that matter, come on here, they dont get the wrong impression of him, or him of us. in other words, lets not start out the potential mckay era with the same negativity we had at the end of the Dunton one.
Even if we were to eliminate the negative articles/comments about him doesn't mean they won't pop up once he is officially hired. After he is hired, should we erase any negative comments made? Do we really want to be perceived as a "Liberty" run board?

He will get positive remarks from everyone when he earns them. Until then, let the skeptics have their say. If this guy is the real deal, it is usually quite comical to reflect on those who were unfairly critical.

Forgive me, but the one thing that bothers me and also actually makes this board great is that we do try to be fair and honest in our treatment and overly nice. But that doesn't mean that it is wrong to be critical of someone. We have been a division I program for a long time and have seen quite of bit of failure from our sports programs. I think that gives people the right to be critical of it when we do make risky moves. I personally think this is a great move for our program, but I can understand why others would disagree. The guy is not spotless. I hope he proves himself here and is indeed the "real deal" spiritually, I just think eliminating ANY negativity will result in less interest in these boards and our program in general. My 2 cents.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:BJ, where are the photos my man?
Kinda hard to get photos when Im in the radio station running the board for softball (the guy who was gonna do it didn't come so I took over for him)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That's an excused absence even though we lost. :)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: If this is the guy, why are we waiting until Monday?
b/c no one cares about Friday afternoon announcements

thats why divorces, resignations and terminations are announced then :lol:
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]