If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Now that we have Anthony's mom registered and onboard, I thought we'd give our favorite freshman from Texas his own thread.

Like most of us, we all knew Anthony had some offensive game that he showed flashes of throughout the season. But I've been most impressed with his defensive down the stretch. His lockdown in the Winthrop game was amazing.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Our three-headed monster in the backcourt next season is going to be downright nasty.

Brew at PG, LB at SG and Anthony up off the bench. Ew. NASTY. Smith can take the crown from King Larry and never look back following next season.
By 05FlameMom
Registration Days
Sly his defense is what his brother and I are most proud of, because he played NONE in high school......If I sent you some tapes you would say that can't be Anthony. His brother and I have preached to him about defense throughout high school and now he's finally getting it....... :lol
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Oh man, he's got coach Dunton and coach Mama on his back!

No wonder his D tightened up. I'm sure he's not afraid of Coach D but when Mom enters the picture, you better D up or else!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm not surprised that he wasn't playing much D in Plano. Summer ball has turned high school basketball into a strictly offensive game. Scoring is what get you a scholarship these days. But once you arrive on a college campus, playing defense is what will get you more minutes when your shots aren't falling.

Clearly he's getting it rather quickly. He has the tools to be an outstanding defender.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I think that's almost every highschool player in the country. Those games a similar to AND1 remix tapes, minus the flashy moves. props to anthony for putting in the work. Hard workers always succeed when they have the athleticism to back it up.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I used to LOVE playing defense.. of course, playing center at about 6'3 will do that to you. It was my job to always get in the head of the other teams best player, and I loved every second of it.

That being said, I loved Smith's evolution of his offense game. The game against Winthrop when Shuler was giving him no respect and waving him off, Dunton cleared out the lane and let AS go 1 on 1 and just took him to school.

But I did cringe everytime he went baseline and skyed to dunk, I think he got stuffed everytime. One of these days, though!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Anthony had a nasty baseline dunk against UNCA I think but I don't remember which one for sure. It was with 2 hands. It was pretty nice. Not on the best dunks of all times thread yet but he was only a freshman. As far as the perimeter players next year, I think Anthony has a good chance to start and not come off the bench TD. It will be a fun competition though.

SCAR
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Anthony will see significant PT no matter he is playing. He's versatile enough to play alongside Brew & LB. But I think much of that discussion will surround what our frontcourt looks like.
Family Travel Obsession

Live a little. Driving in Germany & Italy is t[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

USF to the SEC ???!!!🤣

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up t[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]