If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I hate to keep starting new threads on the same subject but all of the other ones keep going 5 pages :offtopic

I've been reading at a lot of different places about coaching changes that could affect us. Maybe not directly but say if Buzz or Carl Hobbs takes a Colorado job then these are places we would be competing with for a top candidate. Anyway, the longer we wait, the more coaches are gonna be fired/changing schools the more open spots for a candidate that we like will have to choose from. I can't beleive Radford has yet to name a head coach (as far as I know). I would think they should have had somebody lined up halfway through the season. I would be concerned if I were a Radford fan. And not because I'd most likely have gonorrhea.
Last edited by LUconn on March 19th, 2007, 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Yup...this is going to be my sig for a while!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: I would be concerned if I were a Radford fan. And not because I'd most likely have gonorrhea.
:shock: :oops: :nono

Is there a GMTM misspelling emoticon?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
now that I've covered my tracks spelling wise...
By buckets
Registration Days
Radford had to wait on Brad Greenberg. I still say Buzz will be a Bobcat and John Cooper will lead the Flames.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
would it be anything like this?

did somebody make that joke last week?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
At Auburn, he's known as Coach Coop, and he is the real deal.

It would be in the best interest of the program that we don't get into a lengthy conversation about this until everything is finalized.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:
LUconn wrote: And not because I'd most likely have gonorrhea.
Line of the month :checkeredflag :checkeredflag :clapping :clapping :clapping
I will beat SJ to it...

UNORIGINAL!!!!!
:D

I am kidding of course....I laughed....
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I just saw the mr. cooper thing....and its weird since I overheard the finalist to this job being a South Carolina assistant and a Auburn assistant......hmmmmmmm and the wheels are turning....
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
No, I found it funny. He went specific instead of just saying STD. Once you start talking specifics, then it becomes original.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:No, I found it funny. He went specific instead of just saying STD. Once you start talking specifics, then it becomes original.
ooooooo....ok, thanks for clearing it up....haha, I am just messin with ya anyways

now back to this mr. cooper talk
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with your original premise, LUconn. We need to get this done post haste and it appears like that's exactly what we are doing.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
It would be in the best interest of the program that we don't get into a lengthy conversation about this until everything is finalized.
The best interest of who?

Outside of one or two people, this board is free of people with direct connections to the team. There is nothing wrong with talking about the coaching search and/or possible candidates.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Way to double post.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
exactly...TD...when the 2 or 3 guys on here with connections to the program say something I completely understand why they can't say some things and respect that

But when its someone without a connection there is nothing wrong with talking about names....and if you don't feel like saying names then do not SAY ANYTHING

the only people that get away with that are the people that actually have a connection to the program....
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I just saw the mr. cooper thing....and its weird since I overheard the finalist to this job being a South Carolina assistant and a Auburn assistant......hmmmmmmm and the wheels are turning....
And and at one time one was assistant to the other at Fayetteville State.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Way to double post.
I cleaned up my mess.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:would it be anything like this?

did somebody make that joke last week?

I'm hearing we may be hangin with Mr. Cooper soon!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know nothing about him as a coach but I use to watch that show when I was a kid....I loved it!! hahahaha
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Anyone know his Christian background...that seems to be the thing I cant get or find out
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I wouldn't mind getting some Warriors tickets and heck maybe this would be Tim Hardaway's way to change his image!!!!!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I believe Paradox is indicating that we have several people we are probably in contact with and tipping our hand might make negotiations with our final choice stickier than if that person were just among a handful of finalists. Its simple HR business tactics.

In all honesty, there could be aa dozen people right now who feel they are about to be offered the position. That's the position a hiring manager likes to be in.

And before you point out we are just a message board, trust me when I say we are being watched by a TON of people involved in this process and we are the primary form of information not coming from Hancock. That's why many of us are being delicate in our discussions of this process. That said, speculation remains welcome anytime.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Fixed it:

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]