If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
We havent really had much press about a short list. There was one list but those were just people we would look at and not actual candidates. Why havent we gotten any press on this? Are the local media outlets exploring their sources in order to find out what JB is thinking if he's not willing to share. I mean I hear things on the mountain but those outside really have no clue whats going on.

I'm just simply trying to prevoke thought and actual candidates not just hopefuls and hopefully exploration from those in the media/press.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I'd imagine the local sports media has a few more important things right now. VT, UVA, VCU, ODU take your pick.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Then a simple paragraph will suffice :wink:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As a general rule, I generally get most of my information in coaching searches from sources close to the process rather than the ones directly making the decision.

That said, it sounds like there currently is a very short list and this could all be done fairly soon.
Last edited by Sly Fox on March 16th, 2007, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
That said, it sounds like there currently is a very short list and this could all be done fairly soon.
Spill yer' guts.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Info sure would be beneficial...who's willing to share?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm not going to pretend I have all of the information. But what I just shared is accurate.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: it sounds like there currently is a very short list and this could all be done fairly soon.
"Very short" list, as in 1 name?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Since I have been on this board, and dating back to the firehouse, the news has ALWAYS broken first on here than anywhere else. I don't expect this situation would be any different. I just HATE waiting!
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
There are 4 or 5 finalists. That will likely be narrowed to 2 and a decision will be made by the end of next week. 2 of the 3 candidates I know for sure that have been interviewed are on Sly's board and not sure on the other 1 or 2. I will only confirm when I see someone who can be accruate on their info.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
We can't even get a few names guys?

Can we get an idea of how excited we'll be?

Can I get a what what?? (JayZ reference) :pbjtime
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have heard that the field is narrowed to 2 guys...I say the guys that are in the know on here give a list of like 5 guys....just make up 3 and throw in the 2 finalist and that would make for entertaining talk.....

so lets get to it!!!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Thats my point Sly...we know names....legit names...I still think it should the the media's job to talk to those "inside" the programs that we may be talking to...not watching a message board to see what's going on...it's nice for us to crack the story every now and then....but not every time!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I hear Coach Jones has an interview Monday, for what that's worth.

8)
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Thats worth more than what the media's offering! Kidding....but that's good info right there!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LANG, where are you?

not like the NCAA tourney is anything to write about 8)
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I made the statement I give it 10 days...that was on Tuesday....I'm looking for something to be done by next Wed.

So PA the article's gonna read Liberty University Hires.....not Liberty University has narrowed it down to.....

I say that b/c I doubt anythings going to be published about the known names by that time....if they are even known to the media (other than the notorious Sly :wink: )
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Barring Chris staking out the campus, its tough to get names in these instances. But trust me, staking out does work. I speak from a great deal of experience.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
they probably dont want to release names b/c they don't want the prospects to know how far down the list they are.
with no names released they can tell them all that they are the #1 candidate!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
JDUB, I'm not expecting the names to be released...ask Sly to give some stories about things he's had to do to get some good info...I'm sure he has some...I dont know for sure but he seems like the type that will go the extra mile to get the scoop

Sly: If stalking is what it takes the stalking is what needs to be done! Or just paypal some money to some board members that may know some stuff...but thats what I'm trying to get away from...the easy way out!

SAY NO TO PAYMENTS OR SITTING AROUND WAITING FOR FF TO CRACK IT!!!! :lol:
Last edited by Hold My Own on March 16th, 2007, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
ok... hey sly, do you have any good stories on how you got info? :D
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
I'm exploring plenty of sources, HMO, but if those sources aren't willing to speak on the record, they're useless to me (in terms of putting something in print). We are not allowed to use anonymous sourcing at our paper.
Last edited by Chris Lang on March 17th, 2007, 10:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
thanks goodness!! I can not wait until the announcement to be made so we can officially move forward!!!
By hovahman
Registration Days
OK. How about this? Can we assume that the candidates names havent been announced because the teams they are currently with are still playing, and they dont want a job offer to be seen as a distraction?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:We are not allowed to use anonymous sourcing at our paper.

Dang....we need a tabloid in lychburg
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]