If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Just to let you guys know there will be a bus heading down, it'll leave at 1:00 and it'll only cost you $25 and you get to ride down with the CHEERLEADERS! I'm not sure if you get to choose which one you'd like to sit by

The trip itinerary is as follows:
1:00 PM - Depart from LU Campus East
5:30 PM - Arrive to Rock Hill
5:45 PM - Eat dinner at Sagebrush Steakhouse
6:45 PM - Arrive to the coliseum
7:30 PM - Tip-off
9:30 PM - Depart for Lynchburg
2:00 AM - Arrive to LU

call 434-582-SEAT to get a ticket, there are only a few left
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wow! That sounds like a sweet setup for just $25 (considering the cost of gas these days).
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
is tip off at 7:30 or 7?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Everything I've seen has been 7:30pm.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
HMO, I'm sure your seats are reserved already. Maybe you can get someone from the softball team or something to go with ya 8)
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Yes, the game is at 7:30...
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Though a little dissapointed in attendance of our games this season (nobody hardly stands up anymore or anything), I will be there in Rock Hill tommorrow, supporting the flames
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to the board. I fixed your avatar for you so it won't freak out our format.

Hopefully we fill up that bus.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
What about tv/radio?
By Anthony Smith's Mom
Sly just wanted to thank you and the rest of the Liberty Family for giving my son some love.,..(can't leave you out Scar). I like that pic of Anthony on your postings Sly..... :lol:

Also I want to congratulate him along with Larry and Russell for their Big South Awards.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thank you for posting on the board, Mr. Smith. I'm sorry I never got those pics e-mailed to you but I promise they will be on the way soon. It was a pleasure meeting you in Lake Charles.

Now that you've found our place, why don't you go ahead and register. We need more Texans on this board. I think you'll enjoy the perspective we bring in addition to the direct word from your son.

As for the pic, you know I am going to represent the Houston area guy on the squad. :D
By Anthony Smith's Mom
Sly it was myself who posted the last post about Anthony. This is Anthony's Mom. But I'm sure Anthony dad's feel the same way I do....but don't be giving him the credit.....LOL... . We have never met but I have met your fellow Flamers, Scar and Smoothie. Maybe one day we can met and I will thank you personally till then......
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sorry, when you titled it Anthony Smith I made a poor assumption since obviously its his dad's name too.

The same applies to you registering. While I hear you are a Virginian now, you are a native Texan and that carries some weight in my book.

:D

We're all thrilled with your son. He's been a great representative of the school and your family. I'm seriously jazzed about his future on the mountain because his potential is just beginning to be tapped.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Anthony Smith's Mom wrote:fellow Flamers, Scar and Smoothie.
That would explain a lot... :lol:
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Welcome Anthony's mom. Great to have you along!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Funny LUConn, real funny :lol...Mrs Smith-Gailliard welcome to the board! You were a faithful fan this season for sure. You and the family made that aweful drive from Northern VA. I hope you didn't get any tickets on the way down or going back. I will miss see you guys as well as seeing Anthony playing. I may have to get myself out there and play some pickup games with the boys while I am still semi-young. Anthony is a real asset to Liberty and I am proud of the way he played his freshman year. Good things are coming to him and his team. Take care!

SCAR
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Ok, someone let me know who has driven it themselves, how long of a drive is it from Lynchburg to Rock Hill? Is it a full 4 and a half or what?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Well we did it for the Women's game last Wednesday and it is right around 3:30-3:45.... 4 and a half is for the really slow drivers and I mean slow...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
How fast were you going relative to the speed limit? 10 over?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
yeah right around there.. Charlotte is 3 hours away and Rock Hill is another 30-45 mins... give or take a few mins
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Ok, that's cool. I know for fact I can get to Greensboro in a lil under 2 hours (or around 2 hours) and I wasn't sure how far it was from Greensboro to Charlotte. Now, the only problem is scraping up some money since they still haven't refunded book vouchers.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
what you got going in Greensboro... you hitting up the ACC tourney this week or next week...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I go through Greensboro to go home (around Winston-Salem). I was seriously thinking about going to the Coastal/BSC game on Thursday night if I can get the money. I need to be around "real" people again just for the sake of my sanity and I wanna see my old friends. I drive a Jeep and it doesn't get along with gas too well, that's my main problem. Maybe I need to trade it in for a Honda or something. Ok, maybe not.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
You mean the Coastal/Chuck South game? CSU ran Birmingham off its own floor.

It's a 3 1/2-hour drive if you cut through on 485.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I actually knew that because I followed that game after Coastal's game was over. I don't know why I said BSC. Three and a half hours isn't bad.
5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up t[…]

Family Travel Obsession

If you have a rental car in Paris this summer, bra[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]