If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Even though we are not winning, we are competitive. It is not like we are losing by double figures. The boys need to get back home, rest Sunday, have 2 quality practices, then go to VMI. Does anyone know if either of the games will be available via the Internet? What about the playoffs?

I still have faith in the flames. The next 2 are the season. Win 2 and go into the playoffs with confidence.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
missed the whole thing (again) but sounds like a decent effort by the guys tonite.

keeping fingers crossed for the rest of the season and the BSOUTH tourney.

On a positive note, I think I may NOT be a jinx anymore :mrgreen:

(seeings as a listened to a win the other week and did not listen to the last 2 yet we lost)

:dontgetit
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD wrote:Even though we are not winning, we are competitive. It is not like we are losing by double figures. The boys need to get back home, rest Sunday, have 2 quality practices, then go to VMI. Does anyone know if either of the games will be available via the Internet? What about the playoffs?

I still have faith in the flames. The next 2 are the season. Win 2 and go into the playoffs with confidence.
If we get the home game as the 4th seed, the Liberty Channel will televise the game and it will be available on the internet and SCARVISION will be in action. I don't think the VMI game will be streamed on Wed...I also don't see me getting out of work early enough to get to Lexington on a school night and back for some important meetings on Thursday.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
For those of you poor souls that had to listen to Mr. Edwards and didnt Purchase the game like myself to watch here is my usual post game synopsis...

1. The video Quality Sucked, and their commentator was awful, I guess ive just been spoiled by SCARVISION
2. Tyler Baker played really well, Good defense, Good Offense, Man hes "Gonna Be Great"
3. Alex McLean played well in the post
4. LB, he had some good shots, but I was disappointed overall, only 12? He didnt take that many shots though
5. Brew looked a little Below Par, not his best game, missed some drives and such
6. Officiating....... NOT BAD AT ALL :shock: Thought they were pretty even
7. Didnt see Much of Holland and i dont know why.
8. Hubbard played GREAT, Hit a couple big time shots and i was very impressed.
9. Smitty, he was quiet... Hit a couple nice jumpers and went up for a dunk and got fouled but he was sooooo high(looked something like Dwight Howard at 12'6")
10. Everyone Else was pretty much quiet
11. I thought we could have rebounded better
12. Great overall effort by the guys NOW LETS GET VMI AND RADFORD, and I got 6,000 Minimum in the Vines if we get a B.S. Home game

I think SJ Is MIA, Where is he?!
annnnnd Do we still have the same 4 going to VMI I'm getting Tickets for? SJ Smoothie SCAR(or is there a hockey game you need to be at) :lol: ?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Andy I don't think I am gonna make it to VMI. Radford there is a shot but since Matt Hogue and Lane Odom will be there for the big south on Sportsnet, I may just stay in Richmond that day and watch on TV. BTW the big south finally has given Matt Hogue someone competent to work with. I like Hogue as a Play by Play guy but his partners have been somewhat lacking over the years IMO. They have not been knowledgeable about the conference and come off kinda irritating. Maybe they have irratated me because I wanted to be sitting where they sat but I still want to be sitting there and I really liked Lane Odom when they were at VMI doing the Asheville game a last Saturday....And no there is not a hockey game on Wed. Work duties are picking up and it looks like I may have to take another day off to do the 1st round of the bs tournament on the 27th. Tough call because my boy TimHouton (newly registered flamefan, Old Hag from my day and author of the term Soccer Jon) and I have been talking about going for weeks. One more thing Andy. When do you get a chance to check out SCARVISION when you are always in the Vines when it is on? You must have some bootleg DVD's on the street or from the barber shop. I want my cut :P I think 25% is fair.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Cool, I hope I can see the Flames one more time.
Registration Days Posts
I watch Film, A LOT... and for some games i get the SCARVISION videos... its not me, they are given to me in the office... Talk to them haha
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
for some games i get the SCARVISION videos... its not me, they are given to me in the office
That's much cheaper than the going rate most of us pay for them on E-bay! :D
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
SJ, are you going??? TBGBG...I did not know you were getting me a ticket, but that would be cool.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm planning on going as of now. I'm going to pay for my bus ticket tomorrow.

I feel obligated to ride the bus since I've been such a voice for bus trips. I don't feel right saying, "Oh, you got buses, that's great. I'm going to drive though."
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:SJ, are you going??? TBGBG...I did not know you were getting me a ticket, but that would be cool.
Smoothie If you want one, its not a problem, i had planned on it, just let me know
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
put me down for one. i will be driving up from the noke, so i will see you guys there!
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]