If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
WW, stop with the ridiculous comments about bussing up north, and calling the program a joke. do you want to take the head of basketball operations job?? do you have any clue what is involved?? im sure there is a good reason why they are taking a bus. yes this is a tough loss, but hopefully we can rebound on saturday.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Smooth
according to Dutton if they took airplane they wouldn't be guarnateed getting back on Sunday and he figures w/ bus they will be back Sunday morning
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Sure...I'll take the job... There is no reason a Division 1 basketball team should travel longer than 6 hours to a game by any means of transportation. The team will not get on the bus until 10 PM, I am sure they will stop to eat. That gets them to Buffalo by what noon tomorrow. Last I checked I have a right to an opinion. So, put the pom poms in the closet.
Last edited by WWJFD on February 15th, 2007, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
And by the way, I do know more about a basketball program than you guys who sit in the stands. I just cannot believe we cannot beat a team that is 8-19 who were just waxed by UVA 3 days ago.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. A loss to a team this bad on the road or not is unacceptable.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Being waxed by UVA is no disgrace, I suspect we would too. I do hate to lose to a team that has only been D1 for 4 years and is in our backyard.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
I believe it's a sleeper bus. They go to bed & wake up in Buffalo, and do the same (except in the opposite direction, of course) for the return trip. Check the weather reports and get a life.

Last year you guys were complaining because his shirt came untucked during the game, and now you don't like buses.
If Pete G rode the bus, you guys would offer to drive and call him a genius.

Not that I care what you guys say, - I just like joining in on the board every now and then. No name calling.... you guys have expressed your agenda... have that right, etc. etc. etc.

I'm just hoping they finish strong, and have a great season next year with Dunton at the helm.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Just checked... there are 15 beds on the bus... and no getting stuck in the airport.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just lik[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]