If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
I think Im going to actually use them as a prank.... like maybe cover the whole room with coupons (I seriously have like 2000 of them)

Back to the actual topic... We just gotta keep heads high and move on... Just think this has happened to Winthrop about 8 times in the past 2 years :wink:
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:has anybody caught what the blimp is dropping? I bet it's a really good coupon. Like free tuition or something. You should see the people fighting over it.
Free upgrades on your meal at the Hanger. (Like getting the Biggie size.)
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
For those of us listening to the Jerry Edwards call, the line of the night was:

"With those 11 points, it marks the 100th out of 117 games that Larry Blair has scored double figures or better."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LIB - That is a priceless quote.
Can we say too many good things about LB?? I don't think so. He missed a shot, big deal. He has hit that shot before. Was it a good shot in that situation? Can't say, don't know what the play was that was called, but at least SOMEONE stepped up to take it. I hope LB does nothing but climb up the all time BS and LU charts!! Perhaps he could turn into our Harold Arceneaux!!!
TB - Our half court press needs some work? Why am I having MH flashbacks? "We'll be great when we get 100% of our play book in" :guntohead And wouldn't that be the job OF the coaching staff?
What type of promo was there around campus for Senior Nite? Did ANYONE pump up the fact that it was Larry's (anyone else's?) last home reg season game?
And what is this about Brew? Attitude problems?? Gassed?? How can the "Messiah of the Program" have these flaws???? :dontgetit
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:LIB - That is a priceless quote.
Can we say too many good things about LB?? I don't think so. He missed a shot, big deal. He has hit that shot before. Was it a good shot in that situation? Can't say, don't know what the play was that was called, but at least SOMEONE stepped up to take it. I hope LB does nothing but climb up the all time BS and LU charts!! Perhaps he could turn into our Harold Arceneaux!!!

What type of promo was there around campus for Senior Nite? Did ANYONE pump up the fact that it was Larry's (anyone else's?) last home reg season game?
Thank you. I'm glad there are others on here who recognize how great larry has been to LU.

How could you forget it was Damien Hubbards senior night as well? :roll:
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
mrich wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:
You haven't learned, there are some people around here that simply hate it when something or someone is good. They say they want better things but I'm sure once they are better to them, they'll find a reason to want something different in no time. It's no difference then those who spend money thinking they'll find happiness only to spend even more money. they'll never find it or understand until a long look in the mirror takes place.
:BS
you wouldn't be one of those??? guilty conscience?
Hey if you are happy with were we are, the middle of the pack in one of the worst conferences in the country, that's cool. Lets just shut this site down, stop caring, and keep being the cat scratch post for the rest of the legit basketball world. I am not happy though. If your not the best, you should try to be the best, which means change. That is why I say some things that I say. I want LU to be the best. Don't try to get all Rob Jackson on us, "If I had a bottle of contment". :nono
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
mrich wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:
mrich wrote: :BS
you wouldn't be one of those??? guilty conscience?
Hey if you are happy with were we are, the middle of the pack in one of the worst conferences in the country, that's cool. Lets just shut this site down, stop caring, and keep being the cat scratch post for the rest of the legit basketball world. I am not happy though. If your not the best, you should try to be the best, which means change. That is why I say some things that I say. I want LU to be the best. Don't try to get all Rob Jackson on us, "If I had a bottle of contment". :nono
I just had to be the sixth quote.

BTW, what is contment?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Anyone notice how critic hasn't been around for 3 weeks while we've been winning?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:
mrich wrote:
Hold My Own wrote: you wouldn't be one of those??? guilty conscience?

BTW, what is contment?
Did he mean condiment? I never heard Rob Jackson ask for ketchup or mustard before :P
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
El Scorcho wrote:
mrich wrote: Hey if you are happy with were we are, the middle of the pack in one of the worst conferences in the country, that's cool. Lets just shut this site down, stop caring, and keep being the cat scratch post for the rest of the legit basketball world. I am not happy though. If your not the best, you should try to be the best, which means change. That is why I say some things that I say. I want LU to be the best. Don't try to get all Rob Jackson on us, "If I had a bottle of contment". :nono

BTW, what is contment?
Did he mean condiment? I never heard Rob Jackson ask for ketchup or mustard before :P
I was thinking ointment :offtopic
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
ATrain wrote:
El Scorcho wrote: I just had to be the sixth quote.

BTW, what is contment?
9 quotes.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
I also want to give credit to LB for a fantastic game. How many big shots did he make? How many times did he bring the momentum back to our side, and he did have the guts to step up & take shots all night long.

Great game, great season-in-progress, great career. He deserves every pat on the back he gets, and more.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
jcmanson wrote:
ATrain wrote: Did he mean condiment? I never heard Rob Jackson ask for ketchup or mustard before :P
9 quotes.
I meant contentment, you guys knew that, just wanted to keep this monstrocity going :lol:
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
well we did lose a tough conference battle in a very tough way. certainly played well enough to win didn't close the deal. i am sure no one is more disappointed than the staff and players who laid it on the line. but let's just go commit suicide and rip the players and coaches for their efforts. some day we will as a group win and lose together with out going off the deep end. there were alot of tremendous plays on both side and we had two chances to seal it. it will make us stronger as a team. but some of you have never had a highly competitve team environment to answer to. i was sick for our team not myself. they are representing us alot better than most of us give them credit. they were in position on the last two losses and certainly didn't embarrass us with effort.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD wrote: The lob from BJ to AM was not needed .
that wasn't BJ
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
grm wrote:I also want to give credit to LB for a fantastic game. How many big shots did he make? How many times did he bring the momentum back to our side, and he did have the guts to step up & take shots all night long.

Great game, great season-in-progress, great career. He deserves every pat on the back he gets, and more.
I thought I expressed that exact same sentiment. But I guess it doesn't mean anything since I am labeled (erroneously?) as a "Hater"? Maybe it is b/c I brought up the "Hateraide". Oh well, I will lead my life in a living martyrdom (MAN am I one piusly righteous son of a gun. Pharisees have NOTHING on me JACK!)
REAL - Way to make fun of people with a serious mental condition. Didn't the GM commercial uproar teach you ANYTHING? Perhaps one day the rest of the world will have the perfect life and balance that you do and thoughts of ending their lives can be the source of sport and fun without consequence!
And BTW, there are quite a few of us on this board that have been in highly charged competitive situations, so you might want to find another basket to put your Kool - Aid eggs in palycakes!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This question is for SCAR or anyone else who ever coached or played basketball in high school or college: on Smith's free throw attempt last night, wouldn't it have made more sense to pull back 2 or 3 of our players off the block and already have them set up for their defensive position, in case of a missed shot?

I know this is "Monday morning quarterbacking," but I know I have seen other coaches employ that strategy in similar situations. What are the pros and cons of setting up your defense on a play like that vs. having 5 guys crash the boards?

Thanks in advance for your input, coaches. :idea:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Well Jim from Ciderville Virginia I will answer that question (Sly we need a corner on the website where so called experts like myself can answer these questions :idea: ). There is nothing wrong with lining guys up in the lane to get that rebound. That was not the problem. If Liberty comes up with the rebound, we probably aren't talking about this today. The problem on that particular play was that Liberty didn't have their matchups. Smith chased his miss and then picked up Larry Blair's man in the haste of the moment. That made Larry have to find Jack Leasure and he was running as hard as he could to do just that but everyone was already behind and chasing at that point. Scrambles make it difficult to match up sometimes and on a bang bang type of play like that, the offensive guys actually have a slight advantage esp since Liberty didn't want to foul. I would have liked to see someone stop the ball but I would need to see the tape again to see if anyone was even in position to do so.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanager wrote:
WWJFD wrote: The lob from BJ to AM was not needed .
that wasn't BJ
I was going to say wasnt that LB??? I may be wrong(AND IM NOT BLAIR HATIN)

Also Real i dont mean to be like a jerk, but im pretty sure the 2 or 3 times we represented ourselves in Sports Center we either lost a heartbreaker or looked like a bunch of preschoolers against Florida(Im pretty sure it was Scott Van Pelt with the "this team hasnt won on the road in _ games" and "they had 562 people show up to the last game")

But really dont fire back at that because weve come a long way since then and hopefully we can maybe trn the corner from middle of the pack bad conference to consistent front runner bad conference. :D
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
There should have been at least one saftey valve back there. No one should be allowed to go the length of the court with an uncontested lay-up with only 6 seconds left in the game.

Either someone was out of position or RD failed to sieze the moment.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
top story

Men's Basketball Victory ESPN's No. 2 Play of the Day Feb. 12
2/13/2007
Freshman guard Joshua Mack's game-winning layup as the buzzer sounded at Liberty, Feb. 12, was named ESPN's No. 2 Play of the Day Feb. 12. Click on the Box Score Link to watch the video (Windows Media Format file - video courtesy of ESPN).
Box score

http://www.goccusports.com/

Not sure if it was posted elsewhere but here is a link to the infamous play from Monday
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
After watching Carolina and VA Tech in OT have the exact same scenerio, I would have to say that we missed an opportunity to play defense there. Tech had everyone back and they were able to force a bad shot with 6 seconds left. Carolina got a second crack at it and actually made the shot but it was after the buzzer.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That's exactly what I thougth while watching it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
watching that play all over again makes me sick...there is no good excuse for allowing that lay up...none....i should probably not watch that video ever again....
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We had four guys within the 3-point line when the rebound was made. It's not that the defense opened up, it was that once Mack beat those 4, he was 1-on-1 with BJ and the layup.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]