If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Gametime is 7:00pm and this one is big for us on many levels.

Coastal Carolina University
Conway, South Carolina

CCU Official Site

CoastalFans.com Board

The Chants have lost five of their last seven contests including 71-63 Saturday night at High Point.

Overall Record ..... 13-12
Big South ............... 6-6
On the Road ......... 2-10

Key Players:

#44 Jack Leasure
6' 3" Junior Guard
Thru 25 Games: Averaging Team-Best 15.4 Pts & 3.6 Assists with 78 3-Pointers (38%)

#14 Moses Sonko
6' 5" Senior Forward
Thru 25 Games: Averaging 15.2 Pts (56% FG) & 7.4 Rebounds

#2 Joshua Mack
5' 11" Freshman Guard
Thru 24 Games: Averaging 11.7 Pts with 58 3-Pointers (38%)

Scarvision

Audio Stream

Live Stats

Big South Standings:

Winthrop ......... 11-0
High Point ......... 8-2
CCU .................. 6-5
Liberty ............. 6-5
VMI ................... 5-6
Last edited by Sly Fox on February 12th, 2007, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Sly... did you know if you go to Wikipedia you're name is up there? (I don't know if this has been discusses in a previous thread). Did you do that??
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:Did you do that??
It was definitely him. :nod
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
smitty did a really good job on Leasure down there. If he can lock him up again, i think that means a victory for us.

I watched that HPU and CCU game the other night, and Josh Mack is a handful. He doesn't look a freshmen at all. He didn't have a good game against us last time though.

hey SJ, now i see why you miss Coastal so much, they have a really good student section. they were getting on Larry all day. they also got coach D and Armon alot. They chanted "Larry" everytime he touched the ball, they screamed "ahhh!" when alex got the ball, and they kept saying "sit down randy" when coach D would stand up.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
None of that stuff is original, they're just good about actually doing stuff.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
big game indeed. im hoping for a big crowd.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
biggest game of the season so far in my opinion...I as well am hoping for a huge crowd..

SJ you are always stuck on originality...it cracks me up...I could care less if our students were original as long as they show up and are loud that is all that matters to me...
Last edited by thepostman on February 12th, 2007, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
do we get a Bigsmooth citing tonight?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Big game, unfortunately won't be able to make it, but this game is a game we must win to set us up to make a run in the tourney. If we win Coastal has to be Winthrop to even have a chance to catch us.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
By the way, who said I missed Coastal other than the weather and the beach? I know I haven't said it lately.

Yes, I like originality. I also like it when everyone does the same thing, so if it's unoriginal, but everyone is doing it during the game, then ok.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't remember you ever saying you missed Coastal...

originality is good and all, i just think its funny how many times you say it...if I got a dollar everytime you said something about it i would be a rich man...anyways...I am excited about the game...

nobody responded about designing a flier and e-mailing the design to a few of us to print out (to share costs) and then handing them out to everybody we see....but regardless I hope the word it out about how big this game actually is. Its always hard living off campus to get a feel for how the students are responding to things
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm just talking about how Manger made a point that they would chant Larry's name and tell Coach to sit down. Every school does that, just like our kids always tell the other coach to sit down. Some of that is played out.

Things I like that are decently original:

"Let's go Cougars" anytime Gregg Marshall starts complaining about something.

"Wanted: Coach with Committment Issues" for Buzz Peterson.

Add to that just finding out stories about the players for the other team, i.e. Three of Coastal's players suspended for the HPU game for missing curfew.

That's the type of stuff that's original.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Not only will tonight's game put us in 3rd place with a win, but it also will put us a .500 for the season.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
A few quick notes for tonight's game

• Coastal Carolina won the first meeting over Liberty, 70-65 on Jan. 20
• JOSEPH HARRIS posted 18 points and 10 rebounds in the win over the Flames.
• The Chanticleer defense also recorded 15 steals and forced 25 Liberty turnovers.
• Head coach BUZZ PETERSON is on his second attempt at 200 career coaching victories.
• LARRY BLAIR scored a game-high 26 points in the first meeting with Coastal Carolina.
• Liberty has won five of its last six games, and is averaging 87.2 points per game in that span.
• In that six-game stretch, DWIGHT BREWINGTON is averaging 19.0 points in 25.8 minutes.
• Blair has scored in double-figures in 99 of his 116 career games, including the last 46 straight.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, I had nothing to do with the Wikipedia mention. I have my suspicions about which FlameFan did it as a prank, but that's for another thread. :nod
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
yes i will be in the house tonight....looking forward to a big win!
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
Were you there saturday smoothie? i didnt see you
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Did anybody see me there on saturday? It was ridiculous. I sat down in a section that was totally empty, and about midway through the 1st half the entire HPU women's team sat around me. I don't mean next to me or behind me. I mean they were next to me on both sides behind and in front of me. It was very akward.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Not only will tonight's game put us in 3rd place with a win, but it also will put us a .500 for the season.
we are 6-5 right now.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanager wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Not only will tonight's game put us in 3rd place with a win, but it also will put us a .500 for the season.
we are 6-5 right now.
Not overall... :roll:
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Yeah manger, he was talking about our overall record.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Come on LUconn, you know you liked it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Scarvision is working tonight. Come one, come all.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Alex is back in the starting lineup tonight.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Whoever is doing the chyron is having major problems keeping the scoring straight.

We're up 9-5 early on.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]