If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
ESPN put out a prospective bracket and had High Point as a 15 seed making it to the tourney.

I say "ouch"... for Winthrop.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I just saw that myself. That provided a big belly laugh for me this morning. :lol:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Ed Dantes wrote:ESPN put out a prospective bracket and had High Point as a 15 seed making it to the tourney.

It should be interesting. HPU, CCU, and LU all seem capable of knocking-out Winthrop. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a consensous favorite with an undefeated conference record lost the Big South.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:
Ed Dantes wrote:ESPN put out a prospective bracket and had High Point as a 15 seed making it to the tourney.

It should be interesting. HPU, CCU, and LU all seem capable of knocking-out Winthrop. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a consensous favorite with an undefeated conference record lost the Big South.
I don't believe any team has ever had an undefeated regular season in the Men's regular season
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
It's actually props for WU. It's a hypothetical bracket, not a prediction. They did it so WU would be in the at large discussion, as they are.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
nickrichard wrote:I don't believe any team has ever had an undefeated regular season in the Men's regular season
You would be correct, sir.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
nickrichard wrote:
paradox wrote:

I don't believe any team has ever had an undefeated regular season in the Men's regular season
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Towson did it at least once or maybe twice and never won a Big South tournement title. I don't know where to look for such info. They were very dominant for at least a couple of years.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Realist wrote:It's actually props for WU. It's a hypothetical bracket, not a prediction. They did it so WU would be in the at large discussion, as they are.
Yes, but notice the result: left out
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
No Big South has ever gone unbeaten in the regular season.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I think that there is going to be mega-pressure on Winthrop this season in the conference tourney and they could very well be ripe enough for an upset.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:No Big South has ever gone unbeaten in the regular season.
Chris, I seem to remember Towson going undefeated. Do you have the data regarding Towson's conference record during the early to mid-90's?
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Realist wrote:It's actually props for WU. It's a hypothetical bracket, not a prediction. They did it so WU would be in the at large discussion, as they are.
Yes, but notice the result: left out
The point is, they are in the discussion. It will be an interesting case, but I doubt it will come to that.
By horrez
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Towson did it at least once or maybe twice and never won a Big South tournement title. I don't know where to look for such info. They were very dominant for at least a couple of years.
They didn't. Their Big South records were 14-2 ('92-93), 15-3 ('93-94), and 6-10 ('94-95).
By horrez
Registration Days Posts
But you are right in that they never won the Big South Tournament.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Why did Towson leave us? And didn't they have a stop somewhere between us and the CAA?
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Why did Towson leave us? And didn't they have a stop somewhere between us and the CAA?
At the time, "travel cost" and "university mission" were the buzzwords. The fact that the Big South didn't have football didn't help either. Towson moved to the Patriot League for several years before jumping to the A-10/CAA.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]