If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
You'd think with the team getting turned around things would ease up around here. They seem to have gotten worse.

We have many people with complete opposite opinions about LU basketball and everything about it which is good, I think. It's fun to read their epic clashes but seriously, STOP BRINGING PERSONAL LIVES INTO IT. I'm not talking about each other. You can make fun of how poor I am or how short Medic is. You guys can sit here and be semi-anonymous all day while calling out a program member's family. That's not cool. We made fun of one poster for saying we were wicked for questioning the direction of the program, but is he wrong when we basically bring gossip in the posts like a bunch of old maids?

In short, Cut it out and quit being jerks.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
feel free to respond with your whining counter-points, and throw the term Nazi or facist at me. I'll read everything carefully and ignore it accordingly.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Sounds of thunderous applause.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Right behind ya.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Whole. Lee. Crap.

I'm gone 12 hours and this is the crap that happens?
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
gees......What happened :D :D :D

Let's just all grow up and act like children!! :D
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Of course, LU - you know I appreciate what you said. I'm happy to smoke the peace pipe...

(just a figure of speech for you guys waiting to pounce...)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for stepping up and taking a stand, LUconn. I was about to do the same thing myself but I had to coach a bunch of 4-year-olds in soccer tonight. Very well stated indeed.

I think we have given everyone a ton of latitude in the course of the season. I believe it is fair to question the performance of any coach or player as long as we maintain some good taste. But the past few days have seen both sides of this issue going way over the top. Its not like other side is going to reason the other side into changing their mind. No offense to quicksilver, but this feels like an event for our debate team. Both sides just want to scream at each other trying to see who can be the loudest. This needs to stop post haste.

If you feel Coach Dunton is not getting the job done, then feel free to express your opinion. But dragging his personality and alleged relationships with third parties into the debate is uncalled for. At the same time, the Pro-Dunton camp needs to back off on calling out these former players. I don't want to hear about anyone's academic standing unless they have been suspended or booted out of school. Clearly there is some animosity that has some basis between these people. But ripping one another using third parties in a public forum makes everyone involved look bad.

I'm sure you have noticed me stepping into start editing some posts that step over the line IMHO. I absolutely HATE doing this. The free flow of ideas about LU is what I love about this place. But we didn't build this place to use as a venue for anonymous pot shots.

If anyone feels we are going too far and laying down some ground rules, feel free to PM me and I'll explain my feelings.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Thank you Sly and LUconn. Hopefully some order will be restored. This board is one of the most unique message boards in all of cyberspace. Most tend to degenerate into name calling and overall rude behavior and it ruins it for everyone involved. I was hoping this board would never get to that. The humor and creativity on this board in my mind is exceptional. Some of you guys missed your calling and should be comedic writers. I miss that atmosphere on flamefans. I log in now and wonder what carnage has taken place while I was slumbering. I am glad everyone is so passionate about Liberty athletics. We should however maintain some decorum and edit ourselves when necessary....Just because you know something or think you know something about someone in the public eye does not give you the right to spread it as gossip. We are better than that. I echo the thoughts above and I applaude the editing if that is what it takes to keep flamefans the best message board on planet earth.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:...or how short Medic is.

Shewwww....I thought I was gonna have to find another board :lol:

LUconn, I'm glad you did this....will it change, doubtful...but at least the warning has been posted and now we can just delete posts that cross the line
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Does this mean no more JM references...I still like making people squirm
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
These efforts to give some guidance to the dialogue on the board has my enthusiastic approval. the intent of the board for those of us who love LU sports and want to be a part of building a high quality athletics program was sabotaged by a few who had the anti-coach agenda. this is liberty and we should be different. it is shameful when our ambition to achieve an agenda reduces one to such low as to print untruths, create websites and cast unfounded doubts. we are spiritual people having a human experience. James 1:26 "If anyone among you thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless." differing opinions are a part of life and can be freely express. but those who do open up the judgement process on their statements. This team deserves our best backing not some side show by those who see from a distance and think their the inside guy. especially with one-sided hearsay. hopefully we can all grow wise as men and positively impact our university and communities as we support the LU teams in striving for victory.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
So that I do not repeat myself...
...here are my thoughts on the very same points some of you mention.
http://flamefans.info/forums/viewtopic. ... 9617#59617

The fellowship that was here during football season is why I started to participate...
...hopefully, once March has come and gone, we can get back to posting without all the sniping.
By pbow
Registration Days Posts
lureal wrote:These efforts to give some guidance to the dialogue on the board has my enthusiastic approval. the intent of the board for those of us who love LU sports and want to be a part of building a high quality athletics program was sabotaged by a few who had the anti-coach agenda. this is liberty and we should be different. it is shameful when our ambition to achieve an agenda reduces one to such low as to print untruths, create websites and cast unfounded doubts. we are spiritual people having a human experience. James 1:26 "If anyone among you thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless." differing opinions are a part of life and can be freely express. but those who do open up the judgement process on their statements. This team deserves our best backing not some side show by those who see from a distance and think their the inside guy. especially with one-sided hearsay. hopefully we can all grow wise as men and positively impact our university and communities as we support the LU teams in striving for victory.
I'm honestly not trying to start trouble, but please stop using Bible verses to describe the way you think others are acting on this board.

Go Flames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
if the shoe fits wear it my mother always said.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I actually think he was in line to use the bible verse here...a lot of times on this board people will throw bible verses out there just for the heck of it and have selfish intentions when doing so. I do not think that was the point of his post and use of the verse.

As for this board..I had never been much of a fan of message boards until flamefans...and really i still don't like them that much. But this one is about my school, there may be things about Liberty I don't like, but I do love my school and nothing would make me more happy then see all of our teams do well...That is what this place is all about and is what drew me to this place.

There have been things said and I have been drawn into some of the things said because they are so crazy and off the wall (on both sides)...we just need to realize we all feel differently about things, but we all truly do want one thing and that is for the athletic department as whole to be successful

Hopefully this board will go back to the way it was when i first got here, i enjoyed it a lot more back then...it use to be all fun and games and joking around...now when people say things towards you you wonder if they are serious or joking when it use to be you knew people were always joking....so many personal attacks its been crazy

and now I am just rambling and will shut up
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
AWW, how about a flamefans hug? :P
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
LUconn wrote:...or how short Medic is.
Shewwww....I thought I was gonna have to find another board :lol:
keep laughing there, green shirt.

you're all jealous 'cause I'm so smokin' HOT HOT HOT

yes, my wife thinks I'm quite the sexy beast
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Is that the first sexy beast ever to be dropped on FF?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure Manger has said it when describing Alex or BJ.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
yes- but its TRUE when she says it about me.

I'm gonna go put on my leather jacket.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:yes- but its TRUE when she says it about me.

I'm gonna go put on my leather jacket.
"Mr. Plow. /
That's my name. /
That name again is Mr. Plow."
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
dead on. :lol:

By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I'm sure Manger has said it when describing Alex or BJ.
:clapping that was good... lol, your too funny
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
Wow, imagine someone on a message board about a "Christian" University using a Bible verse to back up their point. Next you'll be suprised to find that there were no WMD's in Iraq!! I always find it interesting that when discussing anything, there are certain people who pull out a Bible verse as if it were a "trump" (Not Donald) card. While I whole heartily agree that a message board is better when we steer clear of bringing personal habits of others into it (Although on a side bar - The drunken bum look worked for Cheney at Temple and to an extent Tark but not so much for RD. In the words of Kevin Costner, and I paraphrase "When you are in the bigs you can have fungus on your shower shoes, the press will think you are colorful. But in the minors, it just means you are a slob!" ok back to the regularly scheduled post) I am not sure you need to attempt to justify a position like that using the Bible. After all, I am sure some "demented" RD hater could find ALL sorts of things about following false idols, being blinded by might (good book btw), being decieved etc.
So let's try to just be civil and only attack, on a personal level, those who deserve it like the afore mentioned MEDIC, and SCAR and MANGER (for his screen name that he had to change) and GMTM.
All we are saying is GIVE PEACE A CHANCE..........
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]