If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
OK...
...I vowed I would never jump in on one of these threads, but as an impartial observer with no taste buds for Kool-Aid or any other drink...
...my impression is that folks want consistent excellence, top two or three every year, maybe even being neck and neck with Winthrop, at least in the conference...
...and without the drama of constant player and staff turnover, and all the rumor and innuendo that is associated with the MBB program.

Correct me if I am wrong...
...they/we (FlameFans) want everyone in the conference to see "Liberty" on the schedule and know they are going to be in a battle, regardless of who is the coach. Maybe it is those pining for the good old days of the mid to late 90's, when LU was a formidable conference foe. There is nothing wrong with that. Is is not Dr. Falwell who said, "If it is Christian, than it should be better?" No reason the same should apply to our marquee athletic teams.

Is this not something we all can agree on? Can't we just resolve to understand that we all have differing opnions, and state those opinions, without getting personal?
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
great but again dunton had the best three year run in the history of the program...period!!! had a down year now has people fearing them again!!! the team gpa is at an all time high guys are graduating. yes there were some growing pains but players and coaches leave kentucky, duke, vcu, george mason and winthrop. so i believe we are on the verge of serious accomplishments. but appreciate what is getting done and has already been acheived. Coach said that Dwight's mother was in for our last three game home stand and she is so impressed with what has been done to help him. dwight is committed to being back and graduating. so i believe the best is yet to come.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies, I agree with your points. We should be at a position where we are in the top 3 of the conference every year. That is very respectful. By those standards, Coach Dunton has finished in the top 3 his first 3 years, had one bad year, and seems that we will be in the top 3 again this year.

I agree those are standards we should have, I have tried to stay neutral as much as I can but I'm tired of all this back and forth stuff. I know that nothing said on this board will change one person's view one way or the other.

Let's try to stay away from personal attacks as many have already said.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]