If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That's why I keep pretending when I sit in the band section. Hopefully I can get a recorder for one of these last home games
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As a follow up, I really should have worded what I said better. I don't want to replace anybody, I just want to get a chance to show what I can do outside of doing studio updates. I have had opportunities to do color commentary for baseball and softball broadcasts and have done a decent job in that respect.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I understand that. Im working with my folks to get therapy to help with that. I know I can be a good broadcaster. GMTM has had a chance to hear me and I know I don't have SCAR or Ray Jones smooth baritone on the mike, but I think if given the chance I could surprise some people.

I have more of a raspy voice. I don't think I am on the air for my radio/TV voice but for my experience, knowledge of the game and the little humor I bring to it. BJ if you want to do color you really have to know the game and come off authoritative on the subject matter in whatever sport you choose. That is why former players and coaches get those jobs without even having formal training. Also you have to develop your own style. I pattern myself after Len Elmore from the ACC but I don't try to be him. I also like pop culture references that folks can relate to. Every once in a while I will throw in a line from a movie or a hip hop song just to see if folks are listening. The most important thing I think besides having the knowledge base is coming off genuine like you are having fun and that there is no place you would rather be at that moment...As far as a speech impediment, I have not even noticed but secondly Dan Deirdorf has a huge lisp and he is one of the top color commentators in the NFL so it can be done.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
SCAR wrote: I am set to move to Richmond full time now I think. I will still do FTN if they allow me to next season though.
seflishly, I'm sorry to hear that- but I hope it all works out for ya, bro.

still on for dinner next time you and MrsSCAR are up here.
Thanks Medic, if I can ever break away from my massive (in number not size) family, I will try to make that happen. Still time for you and Mrs PA to come out to Stately Scarborough Manor as I am sure it will take a while to sell it. I was thinking perhaps during the spring game!
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote: I pattern myself after Len Elmore from the ACC
I thought you were going to say Dick Vitale..... :shock:

But, I enjoy listening to SCAR about LU basketball
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Appreciate it Josh! :pbjtime (that emoticon is for GMTM)
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
That's what I had for dinner last night.... ok not really, but I do think it's peanut butter jelly time!!!!!
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]