If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By mrich
Registration Days Posts
I was just reading the weekly Big South update, and it stated that one, the BST championship game is going to air on Espn, not ESPN 2, and secondly that the semi's are going to be held at the court of the regular season championship. I was under the impression that the games were at the home of the higher seed. Somone please fill me in.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
First Round = Higher Seed
2nd Round = Regular Season Champ (ESPNU)
Championship = Highest remaining seed (ESPN)
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
So both semi's will be held at Winthrop (barring a miracle)?
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
If so, when did this change. Also what happens if the regular season champ loses the first round game. They still play the semi's there? This is retarded.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yes, they still play the games there. It was done to appease ESPN so that television plans could be set in place knowing where they needed to send their truck & crew.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That's how it's been for a few yearss.

If Winthrop loses first round, the 2nd round is still at Winthrop.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
A little easier on travel, as well.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
If Winthrop loses first round, the 2nd round is still at Winthrop.
Interesting. If Winthrop goes down (slim-to-none chance that happens), the BSC game would be up for grabs. Oh, what I'd give for another chance to witness one of those games at the Vines.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
^^I'd give a lot to see us win a championship game again in the Vines...I'll never forget that day on March in 2004 when we won. The atmosphere, rushing the court, it was AMAZINGLY INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!!
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]