If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
And Gaynor with another three. LU keeps leaving him open. Bradshaw doing a nice job passing out of the double to find the open man on the wing.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Couple of thoughts ...

* LU is not going to shoot 68 percent in the second half.

* LU will have to survive a big run in the first five minutes of the second half.

* The Flames have got to rebound better. 20-11 Winthrop at the break. That WILL come back to bite at some point.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
No, we're not going to shoot that well in the second half. But it put us in position to do something great.

By Elicoolbreeze
Registration Days Posts
Great half by Liberty. One of the big keys for Liberty winning this game was to come out and play from ahead or at least keep it close and they have done just that. It seems that the Flames have come with a lot more of intensity than the Eagles. Second half will be huge, especially the first five minutes of play. The Eagles will make a run and Liberty will have to answer that run and not fold.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
When you shoot 73% your rebound numbers sometimes suffer due to the lack of offensive rebs available. Although normally that affects the other team not the hot shooting team. Secondly, Liberty could shoot a good percentage in the second half. I have been saying that off camera the past few games (excluding VMI) and they have come out and shot better in the second half than the 1st. You are right though Chris about withstanding a big punch out of the locker room. Gregg is gonna be chewing some hide at halftime. Liberty is a different team than earlier in the year. SJ and those guys are getting their money's worth right now.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
finally able to get to a computer... This is amazing. The rebounds are killing me. Question: Is my signing on here jinxing us? Should I get off the computer right now? Somebody let me know, I dont want to ruin it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We led by as many as 13 in the first half as Larry was going off. I had a feeling we would do something special tonight and that's why I was out there predicting we could pull off the upset tonight. The second half will feel like an eternity but I still feel we can shock the Big South once again (and probably send the Eagles down to a 14 seed in the process).
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I always thought that I was the one who was jinxing this team.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
LETS GO FLAMES!!!
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
The problem with the rebounds is that 12 of them are offensive for Winthrop, leading to 12 second-chance points.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:The problem with the rebounds is that 12 of them are offensive for Winthrop, leading to 12 second-chance points.
There have been no defensive rebounds for WU to get....
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
We are winning, why do people have to pick apart the game. 3 weeks ago, the team was heading for destruction and Dunton should resign. Let's keep this positive.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Hey Chris...how has the Winthrop defense been? Obviously LU is scoring at will, but is it from open looks?
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
It hasn't been terrible. It's not like it's been all transition baskets or uncontested layups. Blair has hit some ridiculous shots, like a 24-foot 3-pointer where he just yelled at McLean for a screen, ran behind it and fired.
By WWJFD
Registration Days Posts
Can we really pull this off? We have won 1 road game in 2 years. This would be amazing if we can do this. GO FLAMES
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Eagles come out and score first to cut the lead to 5.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
the leads is down to just three.

This is the run we were worried about.

Gut check time or this one could get away from us in a hurry.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We're scoreless two and a half minutes into the second half.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Jenkins for 3 ... 7-2 run by WU to start second half.

We still haven't hit a shot from the floor in the second half.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
WWJFD wrote:Can we really pull this off? We have won 1 road game in 2 years. This would be amazing if we can do this. GO FLAMES
Odds are not in our favor. I don't think we have ever played well in Rock Hill even when we were good
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
we just need to hold the lead with 13 left. If we survive the initial onslaught we should be able to take this home. I'm signing off. I don't want to be blamed for this.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Jenkins' 3 was pretty heavily contested. Pure onions there.

LU catches a big break on that last foul. There was very little contact there. No way that should have been called.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm beginning to think you are the jinx, LUconn. :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
LU - 45
WU - 43
15:59 to go
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
McLean jumphook ...

4:30 into the second half we finally score from the floor.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]