If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tuesday at 7pm in Rock Hill. Here's a bigtime opportunity for this year's team to pick up a signature win in this rollercoaster ride of a season. Torrell Martin is back in their lineup after missing a couple of weeks.

Rock Hill, SC

Eagles Official Site

Winthropfans.com Board

Overall Record: 19-4
Big South: 9-0
Home Record: 8-0

Capacity: 6100

Key Players:

#5 Craig Bradshaw
6' 10" Senior Forward/Center
Thru 20 Games: Averaging 11.9 Pts & 6.1 Rebounds with Team-Best 24 Blocks

#11 Michael Jenkins
6' 3" Junior Guard
Thru 22 Games: Averaging 15.2 Pts, 4.0 Rebounds & 3.0 Assists with Team-Best 69 3-Pointers (44%)

#12 Torrell Martin
6' 5" Junior Guard
Thru 15 Games: Averaging 14.9 Pts & 5.7 Rebounds
Last edited by Sly Fox on February 5th, 2007, 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I think I'm getting roped into going to this game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Then you better be slamming on your schoolwork today before you make the roadie.

For the record, I was the first on here to call for the upset Tuesday night in South Carolina.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If I can get Dr. Martin to let me come to her 11:30 class on Wednesday morning and talk to Bev about coming in at 12:45 instead of 11 with football then everything will be set. Missing humanities isn't that big of a deal to me.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
This should count as Christian service...

I don't know why. It just should.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah SJ, I agree....I mean if I can get Christian Service for running merch for a friends band you should be able to do it for all the road games you have gone to...you have my support for what its worth

as for this game there is no way I can predict a win, I do think we will put up a good fight and you never know what could happen in conference play...it makes it tougher that we are on the road...but I don't think WU will win by more then 10...

if Brew continues to play like he has been along with the hustly of Alex we become a hard team to play...and we still have Larry...I know he shot selection isn't the best, but he still does things that most people can't and he becomes much more dangerous with someone like Brew out on the court....

I am excited to hear how we do with this game, it will be a test...one i think we are ready for...maybe WU will be looking past us...but I doubt it..
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: For the record, I was the first on here to call for the upset Tuesday night in South Carolina.
Haha, for the record, I'm the first on here to call that I'll see it when it happens!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i think it will be a close game, but in the end we come back to earth.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Winthrop is actually 19-4, 9-0.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I will be content with us keeping with 10 points. The way we are playing lately I think that it is possible. I can't say too much about the quality of the team we have been beating lately but it is better than loosing to them.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sorry, I was going off their season statistics on their site. Apparently they hadn't loaded in saturday's game yet.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I don't think we'll win. I think we'll get behind early and make a good run at coming back but fall short.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Ill be happy under 15, and we score 50(I know that may be ridiculous, but if we put up 40 at home anything is possible)
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
So then who all is going now? Me, SJ... two of my friends... TBGBG... who else?
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
By the way, if you see some very elderly lady walking around with a sign that says "call yo grandma" don't make fun of her, she's mentally not all there.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Realist wrote:By the way, if you see some very elderly lady walking around with a sign that says "call yo grandma" don't make fun of her, she's mentally not all there.
Thanks Realist. You guys will probably win so we won't have business making fun of anyone.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We're taking the video camera. Hopefully it'll end up being funny and I'll be able to edit the trip down to a good 5-minute movie. I wish they'd let me take it into the game but I highly doubt it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:So then who all is going now? Me, SJ... two of my friends... TBGBG... who else?
You, me, TBGBG, Nate Bonner, Chris Amos, and your two friends.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
Scratch Chris Amos, Add Anthony Smith's girlfriend haha

Are we wearing our faith in the furnace shirt?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Nevermind, Amos is out.

Wait, I just saw TBGBG said that.

Yea, the Faith in the Furnace shirts are required.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I don't have one... I never joind. SFC for me.
Registration Days Posts
Well Lets get you one in the morning!
By BOBKNIGHTforLUcoach
Registration Days
i dont have one either and im one of WHmatthews friends thats going, where could i get one at
Registration Days Posts
we will discuss it at lunch im going to grab a bunch of them after lunch and we will work it all out there... PS If Bobby Knight comes to Liberty, First I'll Cry with Joy, and Second, I will Try-out
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Go get them now. We don't have time after lunch. We have to get out of here as soon as possible, especially with the chance of the weather getting bad.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]