If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Yeah, that’s what you call an official teaser just to get some intrigue! Seriously though, I believe that was the 2nd game I’ve been to this year and I’m quite certain there were more than 3500 people in my section alone! I’ve been lurking on here and seeing the attendance numbers and to be honest it makes me question the entire season’s totals.

Every sport at every level stretch’s the truth about attendance, all I’m asking for is not to stretch the truth but just tell the truth!!!! It’s funny, at least once a week someone gets on here and talks about people with agendas…and I’m going to be honest, when I saw that posted up on the screens I had a laugh because that was the first thing that came to mind! Scar, my wife was watching the game and told me you even commented on it during the game.

Ok, so maybe Jeff's a little busy these days but maybe he has a brother or sister or something working the doors or managing those that are working the doors! I figured I’d make the switch from the baseball forum to the basketball forum with a splash! :twisted: :P :lol: 8)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Ok, saying someone has an agenda is just dumb. There is a way that they use to count attendance. They do it the same exact way every game. Do I think it's the right way? Probably not, but they're consistent with how they count every game.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I don't understand how it could be wrong. I'd say at least 95% of people in the building have to walk through a turnstyle to get in. Not to mention counting tickets sold of people who didn't show. It shouldn't be this hard to get it right.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I think there was a joke in there SJ. Come on though, consistent? Maybe like our officials at times consistently wrong, you know good and well there were ALOT more than 3500 there

I do appreciate the humor...I'd expect that from purple or brokeback, nice to see we have someone else to keep us on our toes
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
I know when i went through the turn thingy the numbers didnt move i thought the numbers still consist mostly of 4's and 7's
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
LUconn, you know there were a lot more than 3300 there on Saturday night.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:I know when i went through the turn thingy the numbers didnt move i thought the numbers still consist mostly of 4's and 7's
I'm going to steal Truth's line....

Here's the question....Did Jeff really have time to come here and tamper with the turnstiles and fly back to Indiana without anyone even knowing???
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I don't know, I don't see why they would lessen the attendance when they probably boost up the football numbers and they even boost up the numbers of people who actually attend Liberty.

The only thing that has sabatoged numbers in the two recent years are bad teams. Many upper classmen like myself showed up to every game three years ago when we won the conference. The next year we weren't as good... less people came out, and we were upset in the first round in the tournament to a horrible 7 seed in Charleston Southern. Then... we all know what happened last year... I think everyone was jaded.
By TruthSlayer11
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
Schfourteenteen wrote:I know when i went through the turn thingy the numbers didnt move i thought the numbers still consist mostly of 4's and 7's
I'm going to steal Truth's line....

Here's the question....Did Jeff really have time to come here and tamper with the turnstiles and fly back to Indiana without anyone even knowing???
JERK
I don't know, I don't see why they would lessen the attendance when they probably boost up the football numbers and they even boost up the numbers of people who actually attend Liberty.

The only thing that has sabatoged numbers in the two recent years are bad teams. Many upper classmen like myself showed up to every game three years ago when we won the conference. The next year we weren't as good... less people came out, and we were upset in the first round in the tournament to a horrible 7 seed in Charleston Southern. Then... we all know what happened last year... I think everyone was jaded.
I thought the title would get some attention but talk about responses in a short amount of time! Ok, what little seriousness there was in all of my statements it had nothing to do with football or any other sport. (well maybe Royer is some how responsible, he was on TV at halftime!) :lol: :lol: I just know that there are some in the dept still that have a hard time liking Randy and it’s possible for the person that is responsible for these type things (attendance) to be connected to that type of attitude????

I need someone with some inside knowledge. Who over see’s this?
:?:
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:LUconn, you know there were a lot more than 3300 there on Saturday night.
yeah I know. I wasn't saying that they had to be right. I just don't understand how they could get it wrong. There's got to be a logical explanation, as to why it's not correct, I just can't think of what it is. Maybe the counter stopped spinning?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
or maybe it's deeper!!! Brew HA HA
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
You're all wrong.

its Greg Marshall/Winthrops fault.

somehow. Dont' press me for details.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Ok, saying someone has an agenda is just dumb. There is a way that they use to count attendance. They do it the same exact way every game.... Probably not, but they're consistent with how they count every game.
Yes, there is a way. Whoever the SID is during the game will say "uhhh, it looks like there are about, I dunno, 3567 people in attendance." And then that becomes the official attendance.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Kevin Keys does attendance. I've been told exactly how it works (although I couldn't explain it myself). He's consistent every week with how he does attendance.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
be great if you could have someone type up the formula and post it here for our edification.

would love to put this issue to bed for good
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I think we generally have assumed that attendance is locked in at some point in the first half (which reasonable) and we have had a ton of folks showing up at the at half and in the second period. They aren't included in the attendance totals.

Truthslayer11 - That was a very catchy title and it did elicit more responses than you would normally get over attendance toitals.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I, for one, came to the game late in the second half, and I didn't see anyone there counting me, so we have to add at least one more to the official number. Seriously, I don't know how other schools arrive at the official headcount, but I hope they are counting at least up until the beginning of the second half, because a ton of people come in at halftime (when it's free).
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
youd figure maybe theyd have a swipe thing for students, like even if it cost .01 to get in the game off of meal points(im just brain storming that wouldnt work) but to keep that more accurate it would make sense
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i know that at ODU the students have to get tickets. they are free but they still have to go and get the tickets. at the entrance they have this digital thing that counts the tickets and you walk threw a turnstile. they also have a student entrance and another one for everyone else. their numbers seem to always be correct.

i know that if the students here had to go to the vines and get tickets, we wouldn't have half of the attendance we have this year.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
What if they gave tickets at the regular ticket booth when you showed your id at the game? You could make the count for students there. Also i dont know how much those electrogizmos cost, but since we used all that money to buy a blimp we could have it take pictures(WHICH WOULD BE REALLY COOL) and then have somebody count it(Not KK he has an agenda :lol: )
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
We have way too many "KK"s associated with LU athletics. I get confused
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You mean, Ken Karcher? :lol:
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
You guys are all forgetting my laser beam idea, haha.

Two beams at each door, like they use on some fance garage door openers to make sure something isn't under the door.

The beams are all networked to a main computer. When someone comes in, they breach the outside beam and then the inside beam. If they leave, they breach the inside beam and then the outside beam.

It wouldn't give you the total attendance, but it would give you the highest # of people in the building during the "game".

(by the way, I'm just kidding with this, but the more we talk about it, the more it is starting to make sense, haha).
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
actually thats not as dumb as you think....there are a lot of place's with a lot of traffic that use this system (not sure about sports) I know transit buses in larger cities use them as well.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Every school I've been at either as a student or a fan makes the students either pick up tickets (they can do it during the week or right at the game) or swipe their ID card.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]