If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I mean we still have those swipers that the commuters had to use when they went to convo

the only problem is they still maybe connected to nothing like they were back then...but at least we have one part, we can run it to a computer or something....let's get sorch on it
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Sorch?

Who's Sorch?

You've been with GMTM too much.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
you leave me my edukation and advisoor thats to blame outta dis
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:the only problem is they still maybe connected to nothing like they were back then...but at least we have one part, we can run it to a computer or something....let's get sorch on it
When we first bought them, they were plugged into network drops an actively logged to a server in one of our datacenters. I'm not sure if anyone ever did anything with the logs, because that wasn't part of my job. I just know they were actually logging data when we got them, believe it or not. :)
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
plug it back in so maybe we can get an accurate count...or at least within a thousand
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
there ya go- thats been the problem all along: someone kicked out the extension cord on the computer tabulating the counter thing
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
^^Yes, it was Greg Marshall and Winthrop's AD
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Haven't been on the board for the last few days... Here is how the attendance is counted.... There are turnstops (same ones used during football) arer setup at the main enterance and the student enterance.... They have stopped allowing people to come through the other doors (so no more freebies) also they have a attendant at the bottom enterance (tunnel) and they count the media members and the people that are allowed to come thru there. They add those numbers together at halftime and there is your attendance... Unlike past years where the magic wond has been waved this group is trying to get it right.... you think they want to say that we don't have 4,000 or 5,000 people in the stands? They want to but unless there is actually that many in the stands they aren't going to say that there is....We have a first-class athletic department who is doing things the right way and this is just one of them... there is no need for us to be something that we are not.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good job GMTM.

thats what we were looking for.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Well I have to disagree with some of what GMTM said. There are still many people coming in other doors. MRS SCAR had an incident at the VMI game where she was asked to throw her Panera Bread drink away. I won’t go into the details but she had a verbal disagreement with members of the athletic dept about inconsistencies in enforcing the Vines Center rules. She complied but then a few rows away she noticed a whole row of folks eating Subway sandwiches. She asked where they got those and they said, Subway, Eat Fresh (ok maybe not that last part). :lol: She asked how they got the food in there and they said they never come in the front doors because they want to bring their own food so they sneak in other doors so they won’t be bothered. They are trying to do the right thing in the athletic dept but that does not make them perfect or right nor does it mean they are necessarily going about things the right way. I support Liberty Athletics but they are not above criticism. I bought season tickets for 2 even though I am media and I am certain MRS SCAR could get in for free as well. I have Flames Club Membership even though I could reap the benefits of being a member just with 1 phone call to Terry Falwell or someone with some juice if I chose to. I am supportive. However, there is work to be done to undo 17 years of behavior in that building. People have been bringing in their own food and sneaking into the Vines since it opened. You can’t undo that over night. As far as attendance goes, I still think IMO there were more than 3300 people. Just because the effort is there does not mean it is accurate. John Wooden used to tell his players “do not mistake ACTIVITY for ACHIEVEMENT.”
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
ok, now we're just getting deep...bottom line, how can we blame Jeff :lol:

Seriously, I'm with you Scar and understand what your saying. as far as the 3300 goes...theres no question, it doesnt take a that much common sense to know that there were more...maybe I'm underestimating the amount it takes for a good count....who knows....at the end of the day I maybe the one with the dunce cap...and that's ok 8)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm still amazed that story didn't conclude w/ MrsSCAR tearing some poor kid a new one. At least reducing him to tears and an apology for bothering her. :shock:

:lol:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
MRS SCAR chooses her battles wisely believe me. If she really gave 2 cents about it, there would have been carnage but the truth is, she was just trying to point out some inconsistencies in enforcing and getting the word out.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]