If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'm as big an Alex fan as anyone (see my sig) but he is still extremely, extremely raw. Which is scary because he's head and shoulders above anyone we've had in the post in a long time, IMO. He's got to "grow up" a bit on the court this week and neutralize Bradshaw. We can't double down every time and leave those guys out in the wing to pick us apart. He's got to give us positive minutes.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:I'm as big an Alex fan as anyone (see my sig) but he is still extremely, extremely raw. Which is scary because he's head and shoulders above anyone we've had in the post in a long time, IMO. He's got to "grow up" a bit on the court this week and neutralize Bradshaw. We can't double down every time and leave those guys out in the wing to pick us apart. He's got to give us positive minutes.
While Alex is leaps and bounds ahead of Monroe, I would take Sarchet over him any day.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sarchet was a solid post player but McLean is better to me. Sarchet was not a walking double double like McLean is. Ace Runs better, Jumps higher and is stronger. I give Sarchet the hands and the position due to experience. Ace is a stud with potential to get much better.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Sarchet was a solid post player but McLean is better to me. Sarchet was not a walking double double like McLean is. Ace Runs better, Jumps higher and is stronger. I give Sarchet the hands and the position due to experience. Ace is a stud with potential to get much better.
Ill agree with all those points and add Sarchet had a tendency to be good one game and really soft the next. I don't see that with Alex so far, he continues to improve and always looks focused.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
What sets Alex apart from those guys is his footwork. He works very well down on the block and being able to go with either hand adds another dimention down on the block. Sarchet was just a bully down low. I'd gladly take him on this years team but realizing just how raw Alex is and realizing where he could be at this point next season is just scary.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
Not that it really matters, but Sarchet had the ability to hit a 8-10 ft jump shot. From what I have seen of Alex so far, he lacks that ability. He seems to be stuck to the block. Also he seems to use his left hand almost everytime, I could be wrong though.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Not that it really matters, but Sarchet had the ability to hit a 8-10 ft jump shot. From what I have seen of Alex so far, he lacks that ability. He seems to be stuck to the block. Also he seems to use his left hand almost everytime, I could be wrong though.
Very valid points. I don't have much proof to back it up except for seeing it myself but Alex can hit that shot but is just more comfortable down low on the block. If we had another post option, Alex may have been allowed to drift out a little, but right now, we have enough perimeter players. We need someone to wrestle down low.

If we could just get Russ to progress a little on his recent success (nothing mind blowing but he's spelling Alex here and there with some positive minutes), we could have a very solid 1-2 punch down low.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Alex actually has a great 15 foot jump shot, and everytime he hits a 3 he says "over seas baby!" he can shoot it pretty good.
remember when he hit that 3 in the longwood game. he looked pretty comfortable didn't he?
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Alex actually has a great 15 foot jump shot, and everytime he hits a 3 he says "over seas baby!" he can shoot it pretty good.
remember when he hit that 3 in the longwood game. he looked pretty comfortable didn't he?
Alex knows where he's needed most. I enjoy the fact that he doesn't drift away from the block. As of now, he's actually leading the team in Free Throw attempts -- which means he's going up strong and drawing contact. We haven't had that in awhile, Rashad Robinson couldn't hit the rim from 5ft. out.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]