If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
Ok so they dont have anyone 10 feet tall, but its a Big game we lost by 6 at their place, but as we all know we are a different team.

So who's coming?!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I don't see any reason why I won't be.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I will be there!!! Big game....lets hope we can keep this thing going...High Point is a good team, only one lost in conference play....this is a huge game, and I hope this gets promoted as such so students and community people will show up....we should always promote games on spirit FM it looked as if that really had a strong impact on the crowd this past saturday
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
They are promoting with Spirit FM and giving away tickets for every home game... It's a relationship that has taken some time to build ,but one that we will benefit from...Only good things will come from this relationship
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:I don't see any reason why I won't be.
Be sure to say hello on Sat man. I haven't seen you in a while. I miss your old crew too from the 04 season....You guys are all grown up and getting married and stuff.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Obviously I'll be there too...Missing CSU though...Maybe I will go out to Lexington that day and check out the Runnin Roos!!!!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
There with the flag.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
There with the flag.
That cape has got to go. Put the flag on a stick and wave it or something, but it's time to put the cape in to early retirement.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
i remember a few years ago during the big south championship the refs said no flags on polls because it was against Big South rules...I don't know if that is still the case or not...but if so then SJ will have to stick with the flag cape
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
There with the flag.
That cape has got to go. Put the flag on a stick and wave it or something, but it's time to put the cape in to early retirement.
Now that you're driving a light blue Compass, why not just wear the flag like a skirt? :D
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 31st, 2007, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:
There with the flag.
We've won two games. As bad as it looks, it stays.

At least I take the time to dress up for the games and stand up and all of that. I only wish half of the people at the games would do it.
By pbow
Registration Days Posts
there
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Oh baby I'm there.
Registration Days Posts
SJ wear the flag/cape, we win when you do... You might have to wear it to Winthrop lol
Registration Days Posts
We Just got off the phone with High Point and them buying tickets... they are bringing buses up here with 400+ Fans for them, so BRING EVERYONE YOU KNOW haha
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LU/High Point always draws a big crowd (except last year during break), and I'd love to be there but women's tennis is unfortunately playing NC A&T on Saturday :cry:

And SJ-I'm with you...the cape stays and I wish people would stand up and cheer (in an organized manner) more.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
I'm going with a group of guys and we're sitting where they have the reserved Student Flames Clubs seats (which last game they didn't even check, so I assume my friends can sit with me there again) and we're committed to standing the entire time and cheering, regardless if the folks behind us can't see. They have legs, they can stand up if they want to see it.
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:I'm going with a group of guys and we're sitting where they have the reserved Student Flames Clubs seats (which last game they didn't even check, so I assume my friends can sit with me there again) and we're committed to standing the entire time and cheering, regardless if the folks behind us can't see. They have legs, they can stand up if they want to see it.

AMEN!!!! We will be Standing and Cheering as well, and if LUPD or admin trys to make you sit down, come get me, Youre supposed to stand and they cant make you sit (I only say this cause they tried to make kids do it before)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
"If you can't see, stand up."
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Oh yeah, they've said something to me before for yelling. I wasn't even yelling anything borderline bad. I've also been told by one of the guys who works for the team to stop yelling... (I believe they call him "Too Tall").
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
We must coordinate something together then if you guys are going to be over in the corner (Baker's Bunch)... You guys yell L, we'll yell U and maybe we can get the Russell fan club to yell Flames.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Just stick with L-U. Liberty kids can't do more than two syllables.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
SJ-when we won the Big South in 2004, we had a "GO-L-U" chant encircling the Vines Center.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That was then. These are different kids.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey the bands there and I don't have anything going on so I'm in
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]