If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
Was last nights win a turning point????
I say yes
The chemistry looks good with Brew on the floor and w/out him on the floor it looks even better.
I think bringing Brew off the bench is very smart.
Whats the chance we go 6-1 the second half of the season. :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The turning point will actually be Saturday's game against HPU: if we can knock off #2 seated High Point, that will demonstrate that we can beat anybody in the conference--except Winthrop. I think a #3 seat is our best hope in the tournament, but there is nothing wrong about dreaming for #2.

Of course, the bigger question is, will a #2 or #3 seed be high enough to keep RD's job? :idea:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
If we choke in the first round (again)-the answer is probably no
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Saturday's the big one. It puts us over .500 going into Winthrop. Our rotation is getting A LOT better. We just need to get more kids out, and the kids that are there don't need to sit on their hands.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The turning point will actually be Saturday's game against HPU: if we can knock off #2 seated High Point, that will demonstrate that we can beat anybody in the conference--except Winthrop.
winner
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If HPU loses at Radford tonight, and we beat them, we'll only be one game out of second place. HPU just lost at Longwood, so it's possible.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
yea cause Longwood sucks worse and Kenny Geroge
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Look guys, we are currently at 4-4 and tied for 3rd. Our next 4 games are:

vs. High Point
@ Winthrop
vs. Coastal
vs. Charleston

If we can go 3-1 in those 4 that would put us at 7-5, which would set us up very nice for the last two conference games. After playing longwood and niagra, we finish up at VMI and Radford. We would be headed into those last two games with ALOT to play for. We would either be playing for 3rd or have an outside chance at getting 2nd. After the last month, that is very encouraging.

Tell all your friends to head out on Saturday, and make some noise. Let's try to get the Vines headed back in the direction of where it was back during our championship run. It was rockin then!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
TylerBakersGonnaBGreat wrote:yea cause Longwood sucks worse and Kenny Geroge
This is the kind of student that we want at my school!!!!!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
In my opinion, we will not have a turning point until we beat a couple of teams that will finish above .500 in the conference. UNCA, CSU, and possibly VMI will finish well below .500 by conference seasons end. I don't have the time to research, and I have been up all night as well, but have we beaten a D1 team this year that has a winning record?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Flameshaw, you going to be able to make the trip up here on Saturday or are you out of the area this week? Hopefully me and Smoothie will be able to get to another Hurricanes game in the next month or two.
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:Flameshaw, you going to be able to make the trip up here on Saturday or are you out of the area this week? Hopefully me and Smoothie will be able to get to another Hurricanes game in the next month or two.
oh yeah, arent you not going to be here Saturday? thats the kind of kid i want at my school, way to show support
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I will more than likely be calling the game at UNC-A.
Registration Days Posts
Oh Ok, Thats Great, Thanks For your Support to Flames Basketball.... You going to Ashville, Scar would Rather be at Hockey Games, You Media guys are somethin
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Why would SCAR want to go watch those Honkies throw the biscuit around, when he can watch the Bros slam & jam?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
cause SCAR like's Biscuits!!!!!!!!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TylerBakersGonnaBGreat wrote:
givemethemic wrote:Flameshaw, you going to be able to make the trip up here on Saturday or are you out of the area this week? Hopefully me and Smoothie will be able to get to another Hurricanes game in the next month or two.
I am in Phoenix over the weekend and in Guadalajara all next week, get in late Friday night the 9th, so I can't get to anything soon. Hopefully you guys can get down here for another game soon, but call me before you get tickets, I may be able to help a little bit. Went to see them play against Toronto last night, it was brutal. Toronto is the biggest team I have ever seen. Take care.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Guadalajara? Excellente! Make sure you catch one of those charro dinner shows.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Sly, I almost missed my 7:50 class!!!!! O I am dead tired!!!!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You're young ... you can gut it out. :lol:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
grm wrote:Why would SCAR want to go watch those Honkies throw the biscuit around, when he can watch the Bros slam & jam?
Don't listen to TBGBG GRM. He is drunk from all the Tyler Baker plays that were made last night :wink: I do like hockey though. A by-product of my broadstreet bullies upbringing. Medic knows what I am talking about.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:A by-product of my broadstreet bullies upbringing. Medic knows what I am talking about.
you know it.

though this year has been an absolute DISASTER :evil:
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'll be there.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
O.K. Here it is. I love SCAR & PA, but I hated the "Broad Street Bullies. That Jerk (Now reformed) Schultz and his buddies who helped ruin the knees of the greatest player to ever put on skates (# 4- Bobby Orr) will always live in infamy
in my heart. The jinx of Kate Smith & "God Bless America" despite Bobby & Phil trying to reverse it by skating over to shake hands with her before game 6 at the old Spectrum... The old coach (God rest his soul) Fred Shero, Bernie Parent in the goal... Moose, Bobby, and all the rest of them... I'm going to wait a few more years until they're all in the old folks home, and me - still in my prime, mind you - I'm going to find them all and personally recompense them for daring to take the cup from Boston. And don't get me started on where the Bruins would have been had it not been for the expansion draft that took Westfal and others ....

The only good things about Philly are historical-political, cheesesteak, Joe Frazier, and Wally Jones. (I may have left one or two things out ... but you get the drift.)

Let's go back to Bobby Orr- not Clark- Handsome, deft, fast, agile, score, hit, fight when necessary, modest, humble -
I just hope that he's a Christian so I can show him some moves when we get to Heaven.

As for the Bullies - better spend your time with them here while you can!
Last edited by grm on January 31st, 2007, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The only good things about Philly are historical-political, cheesesteak, Joe Frazier, and Wally Jones. (I may have left one or two things out ... but you get the drift.)
No reference to ROCKY???
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]