If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By grm
Registration Days Posts
OK, Rocky as well - plus I heard that he said some good things about the LORD in an interview ...

But, in Rock, I see a little bit of Joe Frazier
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I still have my Bernie Parent shirt somewhere. Got it when I was about 10. bet it still fits 8)

other notables:

1. America's first zoo
2. E-A-G-L-E-S.......EAGLES!
3. the world famous Tower Theatre
4. the Army/Navy game
5. Franklin Field
6. Penn Relays
6. John Cheney
7. The Vet and its' turf
8. Penn's Landing
9. Liberty Bell
10. fabulous suburbs and PAmedic
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I do like hockey though.
Scar must be LU's version of JOHN ORGAN!
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Trust me, I've known John Organ for 10 years now and Scar is NOTHING like John Organ.

I like JO but that's a good thing.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I still have my Bernie Parent shirt somewhere. Got it when I was about 10. bet it still fits 8)

other notables:

1. America's first zoo
4. the Army/Navy game
5. Franklin Field
6. Penn Relays
6. John Cheney
7. The Vet and its' turf
8. Penn's Landing
9. Liberty Bell
11. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
By FlameDad
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:
PAmedic wrote:I still have my Bernie Parent shirt somewhere. Got it when I was about 10. bet it still fits 8)

other notables:

1. America's first zoo
4. the Army/Navy game
5. Franklin Field
6. Penn Relays
6. John Cheney
7. The Vet and its' turf
8. Penn's Landing
9. Liberty Bell
12. Dr. J
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
This has gone way off topic. I don't think we've had a turning point just yet. The last few road games we've lost we have played pretty close (I guess... at least by looking at the score) and we've got a good little streak going. If we can beat High Point than I think we've hit a good turning point.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
I do like hockey though.
Scar must be LU's version of JOHN ORGAN!
Man Cider, I thought me and you were cool? J.O.? Come on man. I like John Organ too but...Wow man...I understand the comparison to hockey loving but that is where the similarities end. Plus I am not as big of a fan as he is...Medic, you left off Will Smith, Patty LaBelle, M. Knight Shamalan, Dick Clark, Ed McMahon, Rollie Massimino, Bill Cosby, The Liberty Bell (how could you forget that?), John Wanamakers dept store...
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
You guys were talking about a turning point...
...I'm not sure about that, but the 3 game streak will help in one respect...
...getting more students out for the game against High Point. A win against them...
...now that is a turning point.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Man Cider, I thought me and you were cool? J.O.? Come on man. I like John Organ too but...Wow man...I understand the comparison to hockey loving but that is where the similarities end.
Well, not many similarities, but a few:
1. Lynchburg ties
2. love of hockey
3. sports announcing jobs
4. not Anglo, Hispanic , or Asian :)

No offense, meant, my friend.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I know Jim...I was just giving you a hard time :P
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlameDad wrote:
whmatthews wrote:

other notables:

1. America's first zoo
4. the Army/Navy game
5. Franklin Field
6. Penn Relays
6. John Cheney
7. The Vet and its' turf
8. Penn's Landing
9. Liberty Bell
12. Dr. J
13. The Fish that saved........oh wait wrong city!! :D
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
Here proof that the turnaround is here. Our current RPI 299. Come on guys, celebrate the 200's :wink:
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Nice to see that you're still enjoying life -
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Here proof that the turnaround is here. Our current RPI 299. Come on guys, celebrate the 200's
Thank God that we are finally out of the Hanky 300s! :P
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Hey, we are in a position to make a statement on Saturday. Maybe we won't, but some of you guys really don't care if this can be a good season or not, and just want to continue being jerks. Everybody knows it, and it's a waste of time for me to say it, I know, but why not get on board, cheer for the team, and hope we have a good season out of this? If you want a bad season so Dunton will go, then say it and don't be bashful about it. Make that your tag line. "The Team Must Fail so Dunton Will Go!" or "I'm Cheering For This Team To Go Down The Tubes So The Next Team Will Be Better."
For me, I want to see the team do well, and Dunton do well. I believe the administartion will (and should) extend his contract, but if they don't, you won't find stupid posts from me about his successor.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Done. I am a big jerk.

Really though thats ridiculous Im pretty sure we all want to see Liberty do well. If we didnt we wouldnt be on this board every day. The team is looking better, and for those of us who hit the panic button, we still have hope. Its obvious were doing much better, but if you look at how we were playing a month ago you cant blame people for getting worried.
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
USA Today had us 260 in the Saragin rating. It is unfortunate that the Liberty group has reduced it self to such lows. Dunton said he was going to hold Dees accountable to defense and look he is now playing for a 5-17 team and shooting 22% from three. Maybe he was the foolish one who need to grow, instead you bash Dunton cause he wanted Dees to play at a higher level. He is asking Brewington to do the same. It has taken longer to get the chemistry with Brew and other positions to manage. High Point is 4-0 on the road in league and had the last shot to beat Winthrop it will be a real challenge. I will be there rooting for our LU coach and team!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of Mr Dees, check out his game log from this year: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/pr ... erId=15831

take note of his 3 point stats compared to Free Throws and Field Goals overall
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
Lureal, good to have you back. We all were wondering where the heck you were. It is good to see your unwaivering, unrelenting support back on the board. :wink: Your right, if your best player doesn't want to play defense make him transfer then your team is one of the worst in the nation the next year. That sounds like a plan. I would be glad to see Dees back in a flames uniform, and I think most of the guys on here would too.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
grm wrote:Hey, we are in a position to make a statement on Saturday. Maybe we won't, but some of you guys really don't care if this can be a good season or not, and just want to continue being jerks. Everybody knows it, and it's a waste of time for me to say it, I know, but why not get on board, cheer for the team, and hope we have a good season out of this? If you want a bad season so Dunton will go, then say it and don't be bashful about it. Make that your tag line. "The Team Must Fail so Dunton Will Go!" or "I'm Cheering For This Team To Go Down The Tubes So The Next Team Will Be Better."
For me, I want to see the team do well, and Dunton do well. I believe the administartion will (and should) extend his contract, but if they don't, you won't find stupid posts from me about his successor.
For He's a jolly good Fellow, for He's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, that some people can deny!!
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
mrich you act like dunton wanted dees to leave no he just wanted he to toughen up on the defensive end. but as with most of this generation let's jump to the path of least resistence and quit! you guys want a winner yet you bless quitters. that is why blair is going to go down as a better player. he stayed the course and is helping the Flames. but obviously you are don't value commitment, persistence and dedication as much as some instant gratification. show me men who stay the course and battle through adversity and i will show you someone who you will want to go to battle with. not a sunshine soldier. the great news is we are moving in the right direction and there is a big game in the vines center tonight. let's agree to cheer this team on to victory tonight!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
lureal wrote: show me men who stay the course and battle through adversity and i will show you someone who you will want to go to battle with.
Men who stayed the course:
Ayatollah Khomheini
Manuel Noreiga
Shah of Iran
Napoleon
Czar Nicholas
Caligula
Nero
Ghandi
George Washington
MLK
Christopher Columbus