If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Just with him. He hasn't said a single word that hasn't had d-----bag written all over it since he got on the board.
There, I fixed it to put it in his language.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:
SuperJon wrote:He hasn't said a single word that hasn't had d-----bag written all over it since he got on the board.
:lol: :lol: Great line, Jonny.
Thanks. By the way, it was good to finally meet the mustache today.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
Libertine wrote:
SuperJon wrote:He hasn't said a single word that hasn't had d-----bag written all over it since he got on the board.
:lol: :lol: Great line, Jonny.
The pleasure was mine. Well, partly mine but mostly bozlady's.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I don't know, she's the one that has to work with me.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
If we beat Winthrop at their place then I can say that Dunton should be back as coach next.
Wow, could RD's job literally come down to a single game? Any word if JB is attending this game in Rock Hill?

If, hypothetically, the first question is true, would any Flame Fans be pulling for Greg Marshall's squad in that game just to get RD out of town?
CJ, i think the premise behind your question is wrong. The original quote implied that, should Dunton win against Winthrop, he should have his contract renewed. The statement is essentially implying that Dunton will have done something above what is reasonably expected from him, and thus, should be entitled to (at least) another year of helming the squad.

That doesn't mean that should RD lose, he's gone next year. It just means that it's not a given that he will be re-signed.

Therefore, it is inaccurate to say that his job comes down to one game, and thus, inaccurate on your part to see if that means that there will be Flame Fans pulling for Gregg Marshall.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:
SuperJon wrote:
Libertine wrote: :lol: :lol: Great line, Jonny.
The pleasure was mine. Well, partly mine but mostly bozlady's.
stop talking to my friends
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ed, I'm not making any statements; therefore, I have no statements with a premise. I'm just asking questions. :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SJ, you're a manly man with your white cape and blue Compass. We all admire the example you set. :P
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ok- just stop already.

or we'll find out if a Jeep Compass can crush a man's skull while he sleeps 8)
By hurricane fan
Registration Days Posts
Last night confirmed my statement. If HP is the second best team in your league, you are in trouble. Outside of Reid, that team is less than average.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
CaneFan I have to disagree with you on that premise. HPU is a good team. They lost to Winthrop by 1 point and had the shot to win. They are more than just Arizona Reid. Mike Jefferson had a bad game. He leads the big south in assists and averages 14 a game. Peanut Minnis is shooting over 70% from the field and Cruz Daniels leads the league in shot blocking and had made 11 of his last 12 shots coming into the game. Harris was 0-10 last night but he usually plays well but that is the life of a freshman. Harris held Jack Leasure to a 1-20 night a few games ago. HPU is good. AZ was on his game last night so they kept going to him. They could get to the big dance this year. Liberty just played really well last night and took them out of nearly everything they tried to do. Give credit to the Flames for a good performance. I have seen HPU look really, really good at times. Liberty played up to their competition last night.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Liberty played up to their competition last night.
I believe another genius posted that same thought earlier 8) :lol:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Medic, I get all of my thoughts from you :P I sit on Flamefans and read your posts and that is my analysis :lol: :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I KNEW IT

I JUST KNEW IT

8)

at least you have your own natural beauty
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Medic, I get all of my thoughts from you I sit on Flamefans and read your posts and that is my analysis
At least Scar is giving credit where credit is due; I wonder if the old guy has any eligibility left to try out for next year's LU Quiz Bowl team?
By hurricane fan
Registration Days Posts
Just looked at the standings and I still think the Big South is terrible.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Medic, I get all of my thoughts from you I sit on Flamefans and read your posts and that is my analysis
At least Scar is giving credit where credit is due; I wonder if the old guy has any eligibility left to try out for next year's LU Quiz Bowl team?

I think I would do well on the quiz bowl team Jim....I am a closet Jeopardy fan. I win all the trivia pursuit-type board games whenever I play. Sign me up :lol:

Canefan, no one is pretending like the big south is the Big East or something. There is some talent and I would say HPU, Winthrop and Liberty have more talent than most in this league. Beating HPU by nearly 20 points is no easy task and playing Winthrop in Rock Hill is not a picnic which is why you don't see teams signing up for it that often.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]