If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
With several mentions of Coastal's new facility, I'm afraid I'm going to need a link to more information.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Is there a link to more information? The picture looks nice.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Ha. That address makes me snicker.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
wow, that place is going to be nice....i wish we could at least do something to make the Vines more modern looking...instead of pouring 750,000 into the new screens.....yeah....750,000...rediculous
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Image
One can only hope LU can build something like this someday...still wondering when Liberty will put up a site highlighting a Liberty 20/20 comprehensive plan with what the dream campus would look like aesthetically and from a masterplan layout perspective complete with comprehensive artist renderings and interactive computer generated models et al. IMO this might do a better job of creating affinity and buzz about where LU intends to march toward for the future. Professionally commissioned artist renderings and computer generated models and masterplan layouts are worth a thousand words.

It's easier for people to get behind what they can "see" and the excitement of the growth opportunities. IMHO, that's what makes Liberty interesting over the next couple of years, like a small or mid-cap stock that is poised to break through to an exponential growth phase in which you watch the value of the undervalued stock you bought soar through the roof bringing you a windfall of profit with it. That's what makes Liberty in 2007 exciting...it's continued development and future potential.
Last edited by PeterParker on February 20th, 2007, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
huh?

8)
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
PeterParker wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Image
One can only hope LU can build something like this someday...still wondering when Liberty will put up a site highlighting a Liberty 20/20 comprehensive plan with what the dream campus would look like aesthetically and from a masterplan layout perspective complete with comprehensive artist renderings and interactive computer generated models et al. IMO this might do a better job of creating affinity and buzz about where LU intends to march toward for the future. Professionally commissioned artist renderings and computer generated models and masterplan layouts are worth a thousand words.
That would mean they would have to build it on time.......
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
For clarification purposes:

"Them fancee drawin' Pichurs = Gooder chances peeple open thur wallets."

:nod
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
That sent some stuff like that out in 2000 and 2001 as part of their 10 year plan. There was an entire rendering of the main campus showing new dorms, parking decks and several modified buildings. It was all brick but had a lot of skylights and modern angles. It wasn't bad at all. I know they gave postcards out to students that had this drawing on it at some point. I'll have to see if I can't dig it up somewhere.

I think it was brushed under the rug when the master plan was shaken up by some unexpected growth and land/facility additions.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:That sent some stuff like that out in 2000 and 2001 as part of their 10 year plan. There was an entire rendering of the main campus showing new dorms, parking decks and several modified buildings. It was all brick but had a lot of skylights and modern angles. It wasn't bad at all. I know they gave postcards out to students that had this drawing on it at some point. I'll have to see if I can't dig it up somewhere.

I think it was brushed under the rug when the master plan was shaken up by some unexpected growth and land/facility additions.
True. The skylight in the back of DeMoss was completely scrapped (finances and construction pragmatism; we hired the cheapest construction agency that was able to do the job without displacing the students from DeMoss), and no parking decks were ever built. Then the next thing we found out was that a) We got Tim LaHaye's money and b) we acquired the Ericson property and c) moving TRBC to Ericson freed up the mountain to build dorms there.

The point I'm trying to make is that 20 year plans are kind of stupid because anything can change in a minute.

But on the other hand, they do look kinda cool.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree completely, Ed. And those of us who have been around the school for an extended period of time can attest the changes can come on a very regular basis. Anybody on here remember the original North Campus or Treasure Island?

The erratic nature of our growth is part of the school's distinction.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
How can Coastal afford something like that?! It looks really nice though. It would fit in perfectly around here with the Demoss look on it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The city of Conway has put a good amount up for it. They actually may be paying for it completely.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
The city of Conway has put a good amount up for it. They actually may be paying for it completely.
Sometimes I wish Lynchburg could pony up some for LU. It will never happen, though.
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
With regard to the airbrush comment a few pages back.

I really think whether or not the photo was touched up is a moot point. The Vines center was frequently pretty full back then on numerous occasions had attendances over 7,500. I went to Midweek game in the Mid 90's against Winthrop and it was pretty full. Also, the Tech games were indeed packed as were the Big South Tournaments whic were played in the Vines Center for several years.

The Vines was most recently packed out during the Flames Big South Championship season. It was filled to near capacity during the Championship game against High Point.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:The city of Conway has put a good amount up for it. They actually may be paying for it completely.
Let's be honest, Jon. The "city" of Conway? Conway is CCU, a Wendy's, a graveyard, 3 Wings stores and that burned-out hotel.

:wink:
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
kel varson wrote: The Vines was most recently packed out during the Flames Big South Championship season. It was filled to near capacity during the Championship game against High Point.
It was funny because when we got there for that game, they made us all sit on one side of the place, opposite of the cameras to make it look full. Within 10 minutes of letting us in, they had to open up the other side and it was to the top 20 minutes later. We almost didn't get to sit in our staple spot.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
The champ game against High Point, I thought, wasn't as crowded as the semi-final game against Radford the year before. Championship game practically had no one sitting in the top half of that section 117 corner.
Last edited by Ed Dantes on February 22nd, 2007, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
Ed Dantes wrote:The champ game against High Point, I thought, wasn't as crowded as the semi-final game against Winthrop the year before. Championship game practically had no one sitting in the top half of that section 117 corner.
Just to clarify, we lost to Radford the year before.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
mrich wrote:
Ed Dantes wrote:The champ game against High Point, I thought, wasn't as crowded as the semi-final game against Winthrop the year before. Championship game practically had no one sitting in the top half of that section 117 corner.
Just to clarify, we lost to Radford the year before.
Duly noted. That's what happens when I'm sleep deprived and I make posts.

I do remember the game - Sarchet couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at the end of the game, and it took me 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot by DeMoss.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I think that I threw something onto the court I was so mad after that game.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]