If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
They're announced later today, but the rumor on the street right now is we're going to Georgia St.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
anyone know what time?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
if it is ga. state, the game would be at 2pm according to their website.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Don't know a whole lot about George St. Any good?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
the biggest fact about ga. state is that lefty driesell used to coach there.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
They are matching up like RPI's, along with trying to keep travel low is what I've heard. The rumor for Winthrop is Virginia Commonwealth as the opponent. For Coastal, either UNC-Wilmington or Elon.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
This is Georgia State's second year in the CAA. Prior to their entry, they competed in the ever-changing Atlantic Sun Conference. A Winthrop/VCU matchup would be great, and could possibly be televised.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
A Winthrop/VCU game would be fantastic.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm thinking WU takes that one.

by a margin.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
VCU is playing very well, dominating people on the road too, I don't know, I would feel fortunate to win at their place.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
VCU is a solid team. They would run us out of the gym.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
i watched them beat ODU last week while i was.... never mind but, yes they are good but i think winthrop will win with T-mart
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:VCU is a solid team. They would run us out of the gym.
i don't know about them running us out of the gym, but they are good.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
So you say they beat VCU, with Martin, but they will not run us out of the gym, like Winthrop did, WITHOUT Martin?
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
A little too much kool aide I see manager. Two wins against some of the worst competition in the country has fogged your judgement. I am glad to see that we are getting some W's, but the fact is we would get run off the floor by any quality team (Winthrop).
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I would love to see Winthrop and VCU play. Where would the game be played Rock Hill or Richmond? If it's in Richmond I would love to go. Hey SCAR maybe thats a game we could hit up?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
So I just looked it up on Winthrop's site. They are slated to play an away game in the bracket buster. SCAR, if this is the matchup we have to go!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
the biggest fact about ga. state is that lefty driesell used to coach there.
I thought an even bigger fact was that LU's former President, Dr. John Borek, was a VP there--at GA State--before coming to LU. He's the LU adminstrator who (a) built dorm 33 and (b) put 3 more floors (with columns) on DeMoss.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Scar, I guess I told you wrong earlier. The game would be at VCU.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I wouldn't mind journeying to the VCU/Winthrop game myself.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It may be worth it to make the trip. Then again, it may be worth it to sit on my couch too.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
If it is at VCU we are there JC! I could get tickets from Gregg M I think. VCU is really, really good though guys. No offense to the Flames but they have not lost a game in the CAA and we are middle of the pack big south. VCU went into the Patriot Center and beat Mason by 13. I have been watching the wrong team in the State Capital. Richmond games have been fun but it's time for me to start looking at the Rams for a few games. JC we may have to hit a game before the WU/VCU game. I wiill let you know. Anyone want to drive out from Lynchburg, holla at me. Not a bad drive, I do it all the time :wink:
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
VCU is the real deal, and that would be a great matchup with winthrop.
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
Winthrop is going to play Missouri State, on ESPN2 on Friday night...very good respect for WU...it definitely wasn't done straight-up by RPI, otherwise WU wouldn't have gotten this kind of matchup...will be a very tough game for WU.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]