If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By mrich
Registration Days Posts
By the way, that was self edited :wink:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Here's the biggest facebook travesy of all: An embittered 6'9 former player with no-game has joined the hate the coach club. Is he even good enough to play D-2?
By pbow
Registration Days Posts
I would pay good money to see you say that to the 6'9" former player with no-game, that Coach obviously thought was good enough to play D1 :D
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
pbow wrote:I would pay good money to see you say that to the 6'9" former player with no-game, that Coach obviously thought was good enough to play D1 :D
I thought the same thing. Some coach obviously thought he had some type of game.
By lureal
Registration Days Posts
the staff recruited a 6'9" post player after elijah was dismissed who was still available. that doesn't mean tht they thought he was the answer. it is embarrassing that after how he perform or couldn't that he dares to share his opinion. he should realize that some may start to count how many lay-ups he missed. i am sure that was coach d's fault. let the crybabies who couldn't get it done pass their frustration on some facebook sight.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
lureal wrote:that he dares to share his opinion.
Interesting choice of words there, Comrade Lureal-ski. :)
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
1. STEWART: No Game
2. ECK: No Game
3. DICKEY: No Game

4. BIGBY: Some Game, but not good enough, that's why he's playing D-2.

5. DEES: Definetly Has Game, but he was high-maintenance; didn't want to play the 3; wanted to play the 2; and wanted Larry feeding him the ball from the point. This says it all: When both players considered transferring over the conflict, rumors had LB going to the ACC (NC STATE), and the best that Dees could apparently do was to end up where he is now, with a 6-17 club deep down in Cajun country. I think it's safe to say that Dunton committed to the best guy.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ok, guys. Lets try not to get personal. This discussion does nothing to make either side of this issue look good.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I know some will claim that I may need sensitivity training after this one, but if you slam the coach and call him a joke, it just might backfire on you, and you may get exposed.

The real farce here is the facebook club that hates the coach, and the young man that started it. Afterall, isn't he a mascot named Sparky who believes that eagles are called flames when they fly together because he apparently can't make sense of the fact that he dresses up in an eagle mascot uniform for a team called the flames. An individual like that may not be able to distin-guish Doug Stewart from Adam Morrison.

Again, just couldn't resist... it's all in fun... and in this world, when you dish it out, you're going to have to learn how to take it.
By pbow
Registration Days Posts
you can't be serious about eric bigby, i think he was a little undersized, but still had game. This year's team could really use him off the bench.
By pbow
Registration Days Posts
and your statement about Dees shows you have no knowledge about basketball at all
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
pbow wrote:and your statement about Dees shows you have no knowledge about basketball at all
You'll have to elaborate on that one, buddy. What exactly indicates a lack of basketball knowlege?
By pbow
Registration Days Posts
this team would clearly be a better with Dees or someone else of his skill level on our team, that's why i question your lack of basketball knowledge
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
pbow wrote:this team would clearly be a better with Dees or someone else of his skill level on our team, that's why i question your lack of basketball knowledge
You either failed to read what I said or for some reason, you didn't comprehend it.

I clearly said that Dees has game. My main point was is that he wasn't willing to be a team guy. And when RD had to choose, he kept the best player: Blair.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
This is one of the dumber threads I have read in a long time. There is no need to trash Doug, Jeremy, Eric or any of those guys for leaving. Clearly Dees is a great player. A great player. During his 2 years at Liberty his stats are nearly identical to LB except shooting percentage which was a lot better their freshman year with far less mpg btw and about the same their second year. Dees had defensive issues but so did/does LB at times. I have said it before that Doug Stewart is one of my favorite guys to ever play for LU. It didn't work out for a lot of different reasons but He is very, very talented in terms of skills. I don't know Eck or Bigby that well but we need to let that stuff go. The FACEBOOK Groups are not right either but there still is no need to trash young men on our board regardless of how we feel about their play at Liberty. My 2 cents.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Image
This thread is way out of control. It's supposed to be about laughing.

I mean, look at that. It's like his head is on her body! How can we not still be talking about and laughing at that?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Scar:

Come-on, lighten-up, man.

This thread was started as yet another attack on Dunton.

If people want to discredit Dunton, then they open themselves up to criticism.

I thought that this was a ridiculous thread as well, but it's just too much fun exposing all of the glass houses out there.

Again, the biggest absurdity of all is a mascot and a marginal ex-player starting a fire the coach club.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Afterall, isn't he a mascot named Sparky who believes that eagles are called flames when they fly together because he apparently can't make sense of the fact that he dresses up in an eagle mascot uniform for a team called the flames
Dumbest. Sentence. Ever.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
Afterall, isn't he a mascot named Sparky who believes that eagles are called flames when they fly together because he apparently can't make sense of the fact that he dresses up in an eagle mascot uniform for a team called the flames
Dumbest. Sentence. Ever.
Say what you will, but the guy actually said it. He thought that "flames" is derived from eagles flying in a flock.

You're just jealous cuz you didn't poke him with that one. Isn't that what friends do?

Come on, man. If ya wanna be Big South fan of the year, ya just gotta come up with stuff like that. :lol:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That's the biggest rumor around campus. I'd be willing to say that 75% of our student body believes that a flame is a flock of eagles.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:That's the biggest rumor around campus. I'd be willing to say that 75% of our student body believes that a flame is a flock of eagles.

No way!

I'm not buying it.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I know he's your friend and all, but ya gotta call him on that one, especially since he started the fire the coach thing.

I'm sorry but the Flames of Eagles thing is gonna have to stick to him especially since he's the mascot. it's just too funny.

But I know that he's down with it and all of dat because he's a huge Vanilla Ice fan :lol:
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
No way!

I'm not buying it.
Sadly, it's probably more than 75%.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Still not buying it.
By pbow
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:
No way!