If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Even though we are struggling, there has to be a nice contingent of FlameFans heading over to Radford Saturday afternoon. This is a rivalry game for crying out loud.

Overall Record: 14-11
Big South Record: 7-6

1st Meeting at Vines: RU won 60-50

Head Coach Byron Samuels won his 500th career game in our first meeting. This time around he will have the Radford Rowdies backing him up. The underlying story of the game is the duel between our LB and RU's Whit Holcomb-Faye for the Big South scoring title. They've been in a near dead heat the past few weeks. The good news is that the Highlanders are without leading rebounder Chris Oliver (who averages 17.4 Pts & 9.8 Rebs). Considering our frontcourt struggles that is a real blessing.

#32 Whit Holcomb-Faye
6' 1" Senior Guard
Averaging Team Best 22.2 Pts & 4 Assists
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
If anyone is going and will be gracious enough to allow me to tag along, I'm there.

My car died about 3 weeks ago, so I'm stuck.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
great to see Coach D and the guys pick up a win- esp w/ the WU game on deck. I still have faith that at least 2 of the last 4 are winnable, esp since they're conf games and you know how unpredicable those can be
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I am going to be in LaHaye playing pickup with the youngsters (have not played in a while so this should be interesting). Then I will head home and watch The Big South Production on Comcast Sportsnet.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:I am going to be in LaHaye playing pickup with the youngsters (have not played in a while so this should be interesting).
should I call down and have a medic unit put on standby?
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
For me it will be some Saturday morning errands and then pick up lunch and come home and watch the game on Comcast Sports Net.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Woke up and it's snowing. Guess I'll watch on the tube.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I think that I will watch the women's game vs High Point on the video stream.
By Guest
It's Game time on Comcast Sports Net. GO FLAMES
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
VMI just lost to CSU, a win today would be huge for you guys to get into the conference tourney.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Forgetting the Big South Tourney, this win would be huge in every other regard. Beating a rival on the road in a year when the Ws have been few and far between ... I don't even want to entertain the possibility until its looking good in the second half. But a victory today would be extra sweet.
By Guest
They just said that we are the 5th youngest team overall in the country this year.

Also 0-11 on the road this season. This would be a huge win for us with the VMI loss today
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
WHF already has three treys but we are tied up at 31 just into the 2nd Half.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Down by one with just over 11 minutes left to play. Hopefully we can get a nice run to pull away.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
WHF has 22 of their 35 points. If we can harass him a bit perhaps we can take control of this one.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Radford lead is three, 51-48 with around three minutes to go.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Dunton just got T'd Up.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Its been a pretty ugly shooting day for both teams. Its not surprising the coaches wouldbe frustrated.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Coach D just got teed up again and he's gone.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
Dunton has been ejected. 4 games in 7 days has taken it's toll on the guys
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Its too bad this one will end up with this type of score. It was close up until the last couple of minutes.
By absturgill
Registration Days Posts
FINAL LU 54 RU 69

LU: 0-12 in road games
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
WHF - 36
LB - 21

Ugh.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Like son, like father, it sounds.
At least Coach D will make it back to see his son play, tonite.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]