If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU 57
I guess we have to be satisfied with moral victories this year…
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I really thought we were going to win after taking the lead after being down by 14. Just couldn’t hold on.
By Ill flame
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 9:15 pm Where is the defense??
That's been the story of this season. The offense isn't as good as last year but is doing enough to win games most of the time. The defense is failing us.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Why is anyone surprised that the defense fails consistently? Porter and Methany can’t guard athletic, taller guards.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 11:47 pm Why is anyone surprised that the defense fails consistently? Porter and Methany can’t guard athletic, taller guards.
I’ll add Peebles to your list
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
FIU has a smaller quicker backcourt of their own. That’s a greater challenge. Normally LU has the greater advantage there. And give FIU credit. They did a good job.

Let’s see how the taller guards do in the conference tourney….with good reason to believe that the third-rate officiating won’t be present on national TV.

Our so-called undersized backcourt has been too much to handle for most opposing taller guards. In frustration, they’re plowing into them, due to the fact that they’re being restricted from making legitimate plays. Why else would Porter/Metheny being taking so many blows to the body and shots to the face? Oftentimes the foul is called on LU, especially Porter, which is insane. But it’s happening. Conference tournament should be another story, though.
Last edited by paradox on February 25th, 2024, 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
LU scholars vs. FIU (and most CUSA) athletes, and height.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]