If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmclaughlin
Sam Houston on the road in Texas!
Every game is big through the completion of conference play for the Flames. Need to build back some program validity with an outside shot at a #1 seed for CUSA tourney. A loss on Saturday would make that a near impossibility.

Any fellow Texan Flames planning to make the trip? My brewed of 6 will be in attendance and will meet any and all at the Potato Shack (1229 Josey Street) at 5:00pm
http://www.potatoshackhuntsville.com/about-us/

I will PM you my contact info if you plan to make it.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Game starts at 7:30. I get home and turn it on at 7:40 and we are down by 16…good stuff.
By LUOrange
Down 4-18 around 13 minutes. Wow. These week long layoffs can't be good for us.
By LU 57
Sometimes you are going to be cold, but man the D is porous tonight. Need to bear down and get some stops. Otherwise we are going to get 100 hung on us.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Down a staggering 23 at the half. This is a huge game as far as the conference standings go with us trying to claw our way to the top and my goodness are we laying an egg. I’m not sure there’s anything positive to say about the half other than at least we scored more than 26 and held them under 51…those are positives i guess
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Sam Houston is shooting really well, but you are right that our defense looks sluggish like really sluggish.

This is a frustrating game to watch. Way too many missed free throws, layups, and then some terrible turnovers.
LU 57 liked this
By ECC29
SHSU knows how to use their sizes to their advantage against LUs small players. Plus, LU not making their 3’s. Equals a disastrous night.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
There’s nothing much we can do. They’re shooting over us and driving at will, plus they’re guarding the 3. forcing us to take contested layups and we know how that goes.

Hopefully we don’t get blown out and make this game respectable.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
What a fantastic turnaround the second half.
LU 57 liked this
By LU 57
Agreed. Really nice effort in the second half. Noticeable difference in defensive intensity.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We were never going to win that game after the first half we had but it was at least good to see the fight in the second half. We out scored them by 13 and I believe got the lead down to 7. I don’t think we got closer than that.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
It was good to see them fight back and not give up. Don't know why CUSA refs love to use their whistles in Texas and New Mexico so much for. Too much beans and salsa?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sorry that I missed the fun. But I have a flight to London today that led Mrs Sly to veto my plans.

Sam has a pretty stout squad right now. As for the whistles, prepare to have Haize & Smoothie racing to defend anyone besmirching the honor of those calls.
Cider Jim liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: February 18th, 2024, 6:56 am Sorry that I missed the fun. But I have a flight to London today that led Mrs Sly to veto my plans.

Sam has a pretty stout squad right now. As for the whistles, prepare to have Haize & Smoothie racing to defend anyone besmirching the honor of those calls.
Safe travels to London
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Give them credit for digging out of a huge hole and staging a legitimate comeback. Part of the early pain was self-inflicted. Another part is on the ongoing 3rd rate officiating.

Also, what’s w/Porter taking so many blows to the face due to an offensive player’s inability to create space or get around him? To a degree Metheny as well. Clear foul in any league.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]