If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 4:16 pm Technical foul on both players was the call. They cancelled each other out. Crazy.
I've never liked double technicals . They're like off-setting "flags" in football. Penalize the team at fault.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 7:56 pm
paradox wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 4:16 pm Technical foul on both players was the call. They cancelled each other out. Crazy.
I've never liked double technicals . They're like off-setting "flags" in football. Penalize the team at fault.
Since both players were at fault you can rest easy
ballcoach15 liked this
By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 2:49 pm
LUOrange wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 3:16 pm
stokesjokes wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 1:11 pm

The best shot is an open shot. Plus the threat of mid-range pull-ups spaces the defense better for the 3s and layups.

I don’t think you can build an offense around it anymore, but your offense is going to be better if you can and will take and make that shot.
The vast majority of Michael Jordan's highlights are awesome lay-ups and dunks, but he was most deadly with the midrange jumpshot. We've got guys capable, who've done it before but for some reason only want to shoot the 3 or drive to the basket when everyone else is considerably taller than them.
Michael Jordan averaged 37 points per game at age 24. He made 11 threes the entire season.

The game has changed. Try to keep up.
Please. You're proving my point.

Also, the game hasn't changed for the better, and Jordan in his prime would dominate this game much more so than he did back then.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I disagree with the first, and agree wholeheartedly with the second.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
What's any of this got to do with Kenneth Copeland, metal guitarist Andre Antunes, and the imminent demise of hair restoration products?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 4th, 2024, 7:49 pm What's any of this got to do with Kenneth Copeland, metal guitarist Andre Antunes, and the imminent demise of hair restoration products?
You gotta get up early in the morning to get something like that past me

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
So, there really is some kind of strange metaphysical connection. Good to know.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you haven't seen the punch, as TF likes to say, "I've got it on video!"

By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Coach McKay seems to be thinking the refs have not been very a good up to this point. There was a pretty obvious goal tend by NMSU and another call that went against us that gave the ball to NMSU when on replay it was clear it went off their guy. Combine that with the ticky tack crap they called on JV and Rode even after what happened to Shiloh. The game prior had an interview but I never saw it get posted. I heard though that McKay basically came out and blamed part of the loss on the refs.
phoenix liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Are you talking about the turnaround elbow to the face that Porter took in the Jax game? Forceful elbow to the face w/position. Call goes against Porter. Pivotal 3 point play late in game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe we are seeing the worst officials ever, across every sport, both college and professional leagues.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]