If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Another great win tonight. Effort was still high. Ball movement was again noticeable. They’ve flipped a switch this past 2 weeks and are playing like they did in Myrtle beach.
The fact that SHSU played the absolute worst defense I’ve seen helped as well :D
By LUOrange
I thought The Boys played great. Definitely their best game in a while, and i really like McKay's PT rotation. For the first time in a while, it made sense to me. I, also think that Southerland will be a baller once he's able to get solid and consistent minutes. I'd still like to see Spell get some consistent minutes as well, even just a few minutes a game.

I had no complaints with the team today, but was dusappointed with the gameday crew. It was "90's Night," and the only thing 90's was a poster and a table cloth. No throwback uniforms and very little 90's music. Also, if they're not going to have half time shows anymore (the Dance team and Cheerleaders would be great at half time), at least play some good sing-along songs for the crowd. Themed nights are great for games, but you actually have to do them. Club Sports took over concessions, maybe they should take over gameday as well, cause hockey is done great.
Baybird liked this
By Dalegarz1
Enjoyed the game immensely-first one to see in person this year. IMHO, we beat a taller, more athletic team because we are better coached!. Ball movement and ball security was outstanding. Great move by coaching staff to take Porter off of #3 and either double him went he got the ball or let Venzant guard him one on one.
phoenix liked this
By jmclaughlin
Great W! Score looks like we beat a bad team. SHSU looks like a formidable team but LU finally played like a team that believed in the system that they play. The magic of making open 3's vs. missing open 3's.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 21st, 2024, 3:52 pm Great W! Score looks like we beat a bad team. SHSU looks like a formidable team but LU finally played like a team that believed in the system that they play. The magic of making open 3's vs. missing open 3's.
They looked formidable in warm ups. But certainly not on the defensive end
By Ill flame
It's amazing how much better we look when we play against two of the shorter teams in the country.
Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]