If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Im looking forward to Saturdays game. Grand Canyon just knock off No. 25 San Diego State 79-73.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ll be there.
TH Spangler liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
GCU has a lot of length at the Guard spot. I think they range from 6'4" - 6'7" and they are athletic. FAU was similar, though maybe a bit more skilled. Historically speaking though, we have struggled against teams like this, so I'm curious to see what happens. One thing is for sure, we need to shoot better from behind the arc than we have the past three games if we want to win this game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 6th, 2023, 8:47 pm I’ll be there.
With or without nachos/popcorn? :popcorn
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 7th, 2023, 4:58 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 6th, 2023, 8:47 pm I’ll be there.
With or without nachos/popcorn? :popcorn
The popcorn has been on point this year.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 7th, 2023, 9:13 pm I noticed you said nothing about the Nachos...
I actually spoke with the person in charge of concessions at a football game. I was praising County Smoak and he agreed. I brought up the ‘Nacho Issue’ and he was surprised. Said it was an easy fix and would address it!

I knoooww people
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That's impressive! It's only taken 20+ years! You should work for the government.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 7th, 2023, 10:42 pm That's impressive! It's only taken 20+ years! You should work for the government.
The Government only wishes they were that efficient !
thepostman, alabama24 liked this
By LU 57
What’s the nacho issue? Cold cheese?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: December 8th, 2023, 9:32 pm What’s the nacho issue? Cold cheese?
How have you been on this Board as long as you have and not known about The Nachos? :dontgetit
By LU 57
Was wondering if I missed something specific and more recent. To your point you have been consistent about your displeasure with the nachos. I will try to be better :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: December 9th, 2023, 5:34 am Was wondering if I missed something specific and more recent. To your point you have been consistent about your displeasure with the nachos. I will try to be better :lol:
It’s been a running theme how bad the nachos are at LU. They were certainly neve FBS Ready. I think one hoops game it was a gag of chips and a cheese cup in a plastic nacho container
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'd argue they were never FCS ready :lol:

This game is on too early. I'm sure it's ESPN's decision but I don't like it. I doubt I'll be able to watch much.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 9th, 2023, 10:36 am I'd argue they were never FCS ready :lol:

This game is on too early. I'm sure it's ESPN's decision but I don't like it. I doubt I'll be able to watch much.
High Schools have consistently better nachos

As for the game I’m sure it interferes with your afternoon nap!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 9th, 2023, 10:41 am
thepostman wrote: December 9th, 2023, 10:36 am I'd argue they were never FCS ready :lol:

High Schools have consistently better nachos

As for the game I’m sure it interferes with your afternoon nap!
It's Saturday. I have kids. I live in Texas now. They do extracurriculars at a whole different level. My afternoons are booked solid! They should have consulted with me prior to scheduling timing decisions being made :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 9th, 2023, 10:25 am I think one hoops game it was a bag of chips and a cheese cup in a plastic nacho container
Yep, that's how they are served at the football games, too. You literally have to open your own little clear plastic bag of corn chips and then dip them in room temperature nacho cheese.

High Point never had a football team, but they always had the best nachos in the Big South Conference!
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Expect man D from GCU. It's not out starting five, but our bench struggling in space against man. Expect Peebles to drive more, not enough space to get his shot off. No sure what RM does w/Shiloh, but it should be a different look altogether.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I did not know Bryce Drew was their HC!
GCU has a nice vocal and festively adorned cheering section
Lots of empty seats for a Sell out. But great energy
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Great start so far but Cleveland is struggling. Rough start for him. Even more out of control than normal.
We look really good so far.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, about that good start….
Also, they might block 100 shots today.
By lueer
Registration Days Posts
They are so much more athletic than us. I like Richie’s teams but we need athletes.

Porter is missing an awful lot of foul shots this year.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
We were winning 23-6.
Now losing 28-29.
What is happening
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen