If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The Flames take on former CUSA member Charlotte tonight. Charlotte is currently 1 - 0 after beating Maine in their season opener.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Battle of the unbeatens! :lol:

Joking aside it would be great to get a W against an AAC opponent. With the AAC being the next logical conference for us to jump to, I look at these types of games as auditions.

They’re a tall team and we are not however we are still favored by 4.5 I believe. Not sure that means much this early in the season.

It’ll be interesting to see if an obvious leading scorer emerges early in the season or if we maintain a balanced approach all season.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Is this on TV?
I don’t think it is cause I can’t find anything. I assumed it’d be in ESPN+
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Never mind. I finally found it.
Technical difficulties
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Flames go on a big run, 25-10. Defense is looking great.

Edit, broadcast just updated it to 23-10. :dontgetit
Last edited by Kricket on November 10th, 2023, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flamehunter liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: November 10th, 2023, 6:01 pm I love Darius but I think we are seeing what some of these guys are capable of when they aren't relying on him to carry the load night after night.
I think it will certainly require more involvement from the rest of the guys which is a good thing.

The reality is Metheny is effectively directly swapped with McGhee (rest of the rotation is pretty much the same thus far) and Metheny is more pass first that McGhee obviously. I think it’ll be good for the growth of the team.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Can’t ask for much of a better half to start the season. Great team ball. This is the kind of culture I love about Liberty's teams. A but different than the McGhee show but I love it.

The player lounge segment at halftime highlights the team culture. Good stuff.
Last edited by Kricket on November 10th, 2023, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmclaughlin liked this
By jmclaughlin
Darius' funability was off the charts and will be missed. However, there were stretches of some really bad basketball against teams that could take the ball out of his hands. This team can score in so many different ways than last year.

Would still like to see if Venzant has become more of a 2 way player. He will have a lot of chances with the shooters around him.
Also...love Kyle but the dude is just not an athlete.
Last edited by jmclaughlin on November 10th, 2023, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
It seems like the Charlotte players are getting in our players faces a lot for a team that is getting handled pretty easily. Anyone else notice that anytime they score they’re up in the players faces?
By jmclaughlin
What does it take to crack it as a color commentator?
The answer is: 5 interchangeable clichés
By LU 57
Kricket wrote: November 10th, 2023, 6:56 pm It seems like the Charlotte players are getting in our players faces a lot for a team that is getting handled pretty easily. Anyone else notice that anytime they score they’re up in the players faces?
I noticed that as well. Our guys did a good job of keeping their composure.
Kricket liked this
By tyndal23
Cider Jim wrote: November 10th, 2023, 10:31 pm Box Score: https://libertyflames.com/sports/mens-b ... core/12815

Rode led all LU scorers with 20 points!
Are the refs still reviewing and changing scores ? Tv had it Rode 23 - never seen a game with so many changes 5 minutes after score / goal tend / player scores - plus way delayed tv scoreboard - IS Charlotte in a 420 friendly state ? Carolina kinda on my mind ? - Purple weigh in - do you get a lot of secondary highs at your Nickel Back concerts down there ?
JK37 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]