If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lueer
Registration Days Posts
Any rumblings about how the true freshman are looking?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I have heard that Metheny has looked really good and will probably start. Wonder how Peeples is handling that? I don't like how short our backcourt will be again:(
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
Any word on how practice is going? More particularly, how's Curtis Blair and Kai Yu looking?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The rumblings out of Kanakuk were that Kai Yu was going to be a project with considerable cultural challenges. I am curious to see Coach McKay's approach to whether or not he redshirts or sees enough raw athleticism to push him onto the floor right away.

I have heard nothing about Blair on campus. But I have high expectations.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 9:54 am The rumblings out of Kanakuk were that Kai Yu was going to be a project with considerable cultural challenges. I am curious to see Coach McKay's approach to whether or not he redshirts or sees enough raw athleticism to push him onto the floor right away.

I have heard nothing about Blair on campus. But I have high expectations.
It's probably a safe bet that Yu redshirts just because of the language and cultural differences. I'm just hoping to hear good things about him and Blair.
By Ill flame
Between Rode, Robinson and Cleveland we shouldn't need to push Yu onto the court even if he has enough talent to play right away. I would rather redshirt him and give him a year to learn the system and hit the weight room. I doubt we'll see much of Southerland this year but I'm curious if he'll be ready to step up in a pinch.

I feel like it'll be a competition between Davis and Blair for minutes backing up venzant.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]