If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
flameshaw wrote: September 5th, 2023, 5:20 pm Not thrilled that he didn't have any offers from better schools, but I do trust Coach McKay.
This is more or less my thoughts. Regardless I love the length we've been adding lately.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Coach McKay likes to recruit years in advance and usually does a very good job of identifying talent early. So, that leads to us many times getting kids to commit before they have a long list of offers (look at Colin Porter). That's his strategy and it has been working. Grimes has just finished his 10th grade year. I'm sure he would get several more offers this year, but we are ahead of the game.
By AATL
Humble_Opinion wrote: September 6th, 2023, 8:45 am What did CP0's offer list look like at the end?
24/7 has it listed as Akron, Lipscomb, Marshall, Morehead State, Radford, Western Carolina, and Western Kentucky.
By Geraldos Mustache
Very promising to have a 6'-8" prospect early in his HS Junior year. With any luck, the kid grows another couple inches before he arrives on the mountain. Looking forward to getting some 6'-10" players on our team!

I trust Ritchie McKay in his recruiting process. We've done very well under his leadership.
Cider Jim liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]