If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I quit like 6 months ago!!!!!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Here's how it deals with us:
SJ,

You guys are welcome to join together, but please note the following (assuming the Flame $250 Level of membership):
We will list the membership as FlameFans.com; so there won't be an individual name and no one will be able to claim a tax deduction
Someone will have to be the designated contact person and give us a master address and e-mail address, so that we can communicate information, send the membership packet, and mail ticket info
We would need to have everyone's name who contributed, or know who is eligible to use the benefits (can't have just anyone call up or come in the office and say they are with FlameFans.com
Some benefits would have to be capped for the number of persons eligible to participate, unless advance arrangements are made (pre-game meals, for example; there is a nominal cost per person, but we can't have an unlimited number show up because we have to have enough food for other members)
There would be just one Blue Lot parking pass, for any sport that season tickets are purchased, and it would be up to you guys as to who used it
It is possible that you could get more than one Yellow Tailgate Pass for one or more games, depending on availability
By the way, if you join in December 2006 or January 2007, we will give you Basketball benefits for 2006-07, Football benefits for 2007, and Basketball benefits for 2007-08.

Thanks for your desire to support the Flames Club.

Let me know of any other questions.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Forgive me ignorance to the color designations for the parking, but it sounds like a good deal for us.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Blue lot is the closest to the stadium/Vines. It's upper P1 for football. That helps us because one person can have the parking pass to guarantee we have a spot to tailgate up there.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Tax deductions! I hadn't even thought of that. Do you have a flamefans.com email address Sly?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
the tax deduction thing doesn't matter anyway- for it to be a valid tax deduction, you have to REFUSE ANY BENEFITS. You cannot recieve a service for the donation- ie, better seats, parking or gifts- otherwise the 250 or whatever contribution you made is not tax deductable in its entirety anyhoo.

according to my CPA.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
That does sound like an awesome deal for us. Now let's show the Flames some love and blow away the $250 mark.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Tax deductions! I hadn't even thought of that. Do you have a flamefans.com email address Sly?
Yes, there are Flamefans.com e-mail addresses which is what we should probably use as the default e-mail.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
And I think we reserve the first use of the blue pass for when Sly comes up.. :)
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i have a flamefans.com e-mail addy, if you want to use my name. it does not matter to me.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Cool. Good work SJ. You are da man.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Its likely going to be football season again before I make it over from Lynchburg considering our expanding family.

This brings up another point, if you are interested in a FlameFans e-mail address let me know.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I would like a flamefans email address.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Sign me up.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Count me in too!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im in
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
when everything gets worked out SJ, let me know where to send the money....
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It'd be easier, and save ya on postage, to just hand it to me in person, but hey, whatever works for you.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah, good point...i won't be at any games til Winthrop like I said earlier on here...so i will just hand it to you then
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Alright, I say we get this thing rolling again. We're moving on Thursday so I'll be able to collect the checks from you outta-towners.

Remember, we're going minimum of $10 a person, but you can give as much as you want. I'll post on here once I receive something from you.

For the guys in town, I'll be back in town full time by the Radford game so you can just meet up with me sometime to give me the money.

For the out of town guys, PM me and I'll give you my address to send the check to.

When should we put the cutoff date? We need to get the paperwork turned in by January 31st so that we can receive basketball benefits for the 07-08 season as well.

Who's going to be the primary name on the account (I assume Sly)?

Who's going to get the parking pass, etc?
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I already have handicap parking
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
And you told us this why?
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
just letting you know.....I always get great parking
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Jon, I'll bring you my money to the winthrop game when I'm there.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]