If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

AL.com wrote:Conference USA basketball tournaments coming to Huntsville, NCAA tournament berths on the line
Published: Apr. 06, 2023, 11:30 a.m.

By Paul Gattis | pgattis@al.com

Championships will be at stake as well as bids to the NCAA tournament when Conference USA brings its men’s and women’s season-ending tournaments to Huntsville.

The league, which will add Jacksonville State this summer, announced plans Thursday to hold its tournaments at the Von Braun Center’s Propst Arena in both 2024 and 2025 with an opportunity to extend.
Click Here for Full Story

Who doesn't want to spend early March in Huntsville, Alabama? :roll:

Let the record show that I thought I was going to get to attend tourneys in Frisco at Jerruh's The Star with the curtain dividing men & women until this announcement.
More than just an idea. That is exactly how the league has rolled for the past five years. The downside was obvious. But the upside is you could follow both tourneys simultaneously.

The good news is that nearly half of the league will be within a 3.5-hour drive. The bad news is that the tourney is no longer a cheap flight like in Frisco (DFW or Love Field). So I wouldn't expect great crowds.
This is the city of Huntsville ponying up in hopes of tons of fans flocking to their outpost. I've been several times to Rocket City. Nothing that will encourage spouses to agree to using up vacation time for that experience.

The four schools that benefit are WKU, MTSU and newbies Jax State & Kennesaw State. La Tech is over a 7-hour drive from Ruston.
I did the math: only 8 hours and 18 minutes from Lynchburg to Huntsville. Will that take Ballcoach one or two days to drive? :dontgetit :oldhag
ballcoach15 liked this
Sly Fox wrote: April 6th, 2023, 2:01 pm More than just an idea. That is exactly how the league has rolled for the past five years. The downside was obvious. But the upside is you could follow both tourneys simultaneously.

The good news is that nearly half of the league will be within a 3.5-hour drive. The bad news is that the tourney is no longer a cheap flight like in Frisco (DFW or Love Field). So I wouldn't expect great crowds.
It's cheap for me if I am flying to Nashville and then simply renting a car and driving 2 hours. Nashville is very easy to fly into.
Baybird liked this

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]