If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUOrange
Chippy wrote: March 13th, 2023, 9:13 pm
LUOrange wrote: March 13th, 2023, 8:35 pm
ballah09 wrote: March 13th, 2023, 6:42 pm It’s speculated that Moore and Whitmore are going to sit out and prepare for the draft. Whitmore is a projected lottery pick.
It's always been a dream or fantasy of mine that pro teams would hold it against athletes for abandoning their teammates in these games. I know. I know. But for our sake, I hope they don't play tomorrow and are working out hard for NBA scouts.
Looks like each of them have missed a lot of games over the season. Probably have decent fill-ins. Lost a lot of games by a few points each with a pretty tough schedule. My guess they're probably a more talented team than we are. Home court and grit is what we offer.
There's no doubt that they're a more talented team than us. They are in fact Villanova. The question to be asked, is are they the better team? Hopefully they won't be tonight.

Realistically, it'll come down to how healed up McThree is. I think the hacking from ASUCK conference play wore down on him, and thay led to his inconsistency in the tournament. After that, most games this year when McThree was off, others stepped up offensively, and that wasn't entirely the case vs. Kenny. Hopefully, all of our guys will rise to the occasion.
rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:52 am

It's always been a dream or fantasy of mine that pro teams would hold it against athletes for abandoning their teammates in these games. I know. I know. But for our sake, I hope they don't play tomorrow and are working out hard for NBA scouts.
Looks like each of them have missed a lot of games over the season. Probably have decent fill-ins. Lost a lot of games by a few points each with a pretty tough schedule. My guess they're probably a more talented team than we are. Home court and grit is what we offer.
There's no doubt that they're a more talented team than us. They are in fact Villanova. The question to be asked, is are they the better team? Hopefully they won't be tonight.

Realistically, it'll come down to how healed up McThree is. I think the hacking from ASUCK conference play wore down on him, and thay led to his inconsistency in the tournament. After that, most games this year when McThree was off, others stepped up offensively, and that wasn't entirely the case vs. Kenny. Hopefully, all of our guys will rise to the occasion.
LU has beaten a lot of teams that are more talented than they are. They need to ratchet up their defense this time. By way of comparison UVA has seemed to click defensively the last couple of games and look really good. They just couldn’t buy one a bucket against Duke. LU plays a similar defense obviously that keeps them in games against more talented teams. If they can rediscover that defense prowess they’ve had they can win this game, no doubt.
In these types of games you also have to take motivation into account. How motivated are the Nova players to continue the season? I believe LU is pretty motivated and that might be enough.
I wouldn’t bet on this game but I won’t be surprised if LU wins. I just wish i could be there
LUOrange, Dalegarz1 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:52 am

We’re also at home, so I expect us to play better than we did at Kennesaw. We were pretty mediocre away from the arena this year, but we were fantastic in our building.
LUOrange, Baybird liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
6'4", 6'4", 6'7", 6'8", and 6'8" starting lineup. Hmmmm. . . . . and our students are not in town. Nevertheless, as Kathryn Kuhlman always said, "I believe in miracles!"
ATrain liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tight early. This just in: a foul in the ASUN is a love tap in the Big East. 😂 Wow these guys are big and physical.

If LU wins, it will be because Nova just couldn't defend the cuts. If Nova wins, it's because LU couldn't handle the physicality.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I hope the referees don't forget to grab their Villanova jacket after the game.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: March 14th, 2023, 9:48 pm I hope the referees don't forget to grab their Villanova jacket after the game.
I hate this sport. Haven't figured out if it's because of officiating or just rules.

:dontgetit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: March 14th, 2023, 9:48 pm I hope the referees don't forget to grab their Villanova jacket after the game.
POST OF THE YEAR!!! :fineprint
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:19 pm
Just being officiated like a Big East game. Time to grow up.
LU had 1 less foul and 12 more FT attempts than Nova. Yep, those refs were certainly biased against LU :roll:
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
11 of those free throw attempts by LU and 7 of Nova’s fouls came in the last 1:20 of the game.

Take away the intentional foul fest and LU has 1 more FT and 6 more fouls.

But you already know that FT/foul disparity aren’t any kind of indication of how the game was called.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 15th, 2023, 12:56 am 11 of those free throw attempts by LU and 7 of Nova’s fouls came in the last 1:20 of the game.

But you already know that FT/foul disparity aren’t any kind of indication of how the game was called.
Yes but most don’t. And why does it matter? If it was really so one sided the refs wouldn’t have called those fouls at all
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Midway through the second half, I said, “I’m starting to like this Cleveland guy!” Then he threw up an ill-advised three (not his game) and refused to dive on the floor for a loose ball that thankfully Warfield got. DOH! He’s still a freshman! But I like him a lot.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 15th, 2023, 1:54 am
stokesjokes wrote: March 15th, 2023, 12:56 am 11 of those free throw attempts by LU and 7 of Nova’s fouls came in the last 1:20 of the game.

Yes but most don’t. And why does it matter? If it was really so one sided the refs wouldn’t have called those fouls at all
We were on the wrong side of a couple of obvious missed/bad calls, let fans be fans and whine about the refs.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I thought there were 3 or 4 missed or bad calls in the first half. Second half was better. But I'm not big on basketball so maybe I'm wrong, only games I watch these days are Liberty games.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 15th, 2023, 6:53 am Midway through the second half, I said, “I’m starting to like this Cleveland guy!” .
With his new haircut that took away most of his curls, I didn't even recognize Cleveland until I saw the name on the back of his jersey. :shock: Play Basketball
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 15th, 2023, 7:21 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 15th, 2023, 1:54 am

We were on the wrong side of a couple of obvious missed/bad calls, let fans be fans and whine about the refs.
And I’m sure Nova never experienced the same thing.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]