If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Having never met Coach McKay or any of the players, I have become probably way too emotionally invested in LU sports teams, in particular basketball and football. I guess it's the fact that these young men and women come to LU with a higher purpose and it is so gratifying to see them grow athletically and spiritually throughout their time on the mountain. I guess there is some underlying "rooting for the underdog" thing going on in my head, when many times our guys play against more established schools or as Sunday afternoon unfolded, teams with more length or athleticism. Naturally, a fan's desire is for the teams to win every game, but after a game like Sunday you just want them to know how much that you appreciate them playing their hearts out and how much joy that they bring us with the way they compete and the way they represent LU.
Hopefully next Sunday, we will find out that there is more basketball to be played this year, but if that is not the case I hope these players have some sense of the joy they have given us this year.
tyndal23, TH Spangler, LU 57 and 4 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]