If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

You have to think we’re in a good spot leading at the half with Darius shooting poorly and Porter out for a long stretch with fouls.

I’m frustrated that apparently since they’re bigger, they’re allowed to be more physical than we are, but somehow we’re out-rebounding them and have more points in the paint.
Extremely disappointing but not entirely surprising result. Feast or famine from long distance, particularly in recent games.

I think this result puts to bed the "best team ever" conversation. Let's not bring that up again until ... well, it may be a few years before we're remotely close to an NCAA bid.
stokesjokes liked this
I just don't see a scenario where we get an at large bid which is unfortunate because I think we could've won a game or two if McGhee got hot again. The endings to basketball games are the worst in sports. Combine that with inconsistent officiating every game and there's a reason why I watch football, baseball and hockey more. There's no other sport where officiating has such a massive affect on the outcome of games.
AATL, LUOrange liked this
stokesjokes wrote: March 5th, 2023, 6:29 pm Seemed like Warfield pretty clearly reached in before the shot. Can’t be doing that on that kind of play. At least make him hit the shot.
Hand in the cookie jar.

Best team? Go watch the highlights from the team that beat Mississippi State in the tourney. It’s jarring how much better that team was at finishing strong at the rim. Nobody like Scottie and Myo on this team. (I didn’t even realize people were asking if this was best team ever. No way!)
LUOrange, stokesjokes liked this
Failed season. Now I know how Ohio State football fans feel, my college roommate from Ohio said if the Buckeyes lost 1 football game during the season the whole season was a total waste, now I believe him, no Conference championship and probably no NCAA tournament invitation. Sad to see Darius go out on a game like that and a loss after a stellar career as well as Rode and other seniors, although Rode did fantastic today. I hope Brody can step up as a scorer next year to ease the loss of Darius
JK37 liked this
If by some series of unfortunate events I became commissioner for a day, I'd up the threshold for what is considered a hand foul by about 50%. It drives me nuts, but it was called consistently today every time Burden flew down the lane and generally is across college basketball.

Props to KSU on the game and their year. Rode was a monster amidst an abysmal day beyond the arc and Porter made some great passes in transition to punish turnovers. If you told me McGhee went 0-fer prior to tip, I'd have assumed a 15 point blowout. With some vets returning and continued growth for younguns like Porter and Cleveland, there's still a bright future ahead next year.
ATrain liked this
Ill flame wrote: March 5th, 2023, 6:32 pm I just don't see a scenario where we get an at large bid which is unfortunate because I think we could've won a game or two if McGhee got hot again. The endings to basketball games are the worst in sports. Combine that with inconsistent officiating every game and there's a reason why I watch football, baseball and hockey more. There's no other sport where officiating has such a massive affect on the outcome of games.

Same here
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]