If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
Evidently we could use some help getting home games against solid mid majors so this would be a win in my book. I wouldn't mind playing GCU regularly, both programs could really benefit from it imo.
Liberty_2023 liked this
By BlueBlood
I’m sure the original idea was likely to aid NM State and the Texas schools that overlap the WAC footprint - but I do like the idea of LU possibly playing GCU and Cal Baptist.
LUOrange, Liberty_2023 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I wonder when in the season they’ll schedule such games. If I were LU and hoping for a quality opponent to aid my seed line, I would want an open weekend in February like the old ESPN Bubble thing.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My guess this is going to be before New Years Day. Travel alone could be problematic in conference play with the possibility of games stretching from Seattle to Miami.
By LUOrange
Hopefully we won't completely wash our hands of some of our ASUN rivals, like what apears to have happened with our Big South friends. I wouldn't mind us continuing to play Lippy, EKU, Queens, & Belly. Just as I'd like to see Gardner Webb, High Point, Chuck South, VMI, and Radford back on our schedules occasionally.
AATL liked this
By cruzan_flame13
LUOrange wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 6:51 pm Hopefully we won't completely wash our hands of some of our ASUN rivals, like what apears to have happened with our Big South friends. I wouldn't mind us continuing to play Lippy, EKU, Queens, & Belly. Just as I'd like to see Gardner Webb, High Point, Chuck South, VMI, and Radford back on our schedules occasionally.
Would rather this than playing Covenant Seventh Day Advemtist College in NAIA or DII/DIII. It doesnt help with SOS or recruiting (which we need to improve in).
LUOrange, ballcoach15 liked this
By AATL
LUOrange wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 6:51 pm Hopefully we won't completely wash our hands of some of our ASUN rivals, like what apears to have happened with our Big South friends. I wouldn't mind us continuing to play Lippy, EKU, Queens, & Belly. Just as I'd like to see Gardner Webb, High Point, Chuck South, VMI, and Radford back on our schedules occasionally.
Agreed. I like that they've kept in touch with the Winthrops and Radfords of the world for baseball. If scheduling is such a mess anyways, I hope they keep some of the ASUN games.
By Ill flame
cruzan_flame13 wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 7:20 pm
Would rather this than playing Covenant Seventh Day Advemtist College in NAIA or DII/DIII. It doesnt help with SOS or recruiting (which we need to improve in).
Playing a non d1 doesn't count against our SOS in NET and other metrics but playing a trash program like Chicago state lowers our SOS metrics. That's why a lot more programs have started scheduling 1 or 2 non D1s instead of lower level D1s. The only real downside to playing the NAIA games is its bad for the fans. I would rather replace them with other solid mid majors
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to see some of our old Big South rivals back on the schedule, specifically UNCA, Radford, High Point, Longwood, and Campbell. It would be nice if we could get VCU, Richmond, George Mason, and ODU on the schedule but I don't see them being willing to ever play us. If we can keep a series going with Oral Roberts, plus the likes of GCU, etc.. that'll help our SOS. Keep Kennesaw St too, they've become a solid program.
By AATL
ATrain wrote: March 5th, 2023, 6:44 pm I'd like to see some of our old Big South rivals back on the schedule, specifically UNCA, Radford, High Point, Longwood, and Campbell. It would be nice if we could get VCU, Richmond, George Mason, and ODU on the schedule but I don't see them being willing to ever play us. If we can keep a series going with Oral Roberts, plus the likes of GCU, etc.. that'll help our SOS. Keep Kennesaw St too, they've become a solid program.
You'll get part of that wish with KSU joining CUSA in 2024. I wonder if the addition of Rob Jones will have any leverage in getting Richmond on the schedule.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]